CTX 1300 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
All I remember is last week I was ridiing in the mountains of North Carolina,, not fully understanding the audio controls, I pushed the menu button and found myself on the CTX , Island Hopping the :bridges of the Florida Keys the last few days. Whoa! Tonight I'm the Captain of a 41' sailboat with 8 Boy Scouts on board. What an incredible movie I'm in.
Can't wait till Friday when I beam these guys off the ship and get the 8 more... Do you think West Marine has parts for the Transported on my ship. Bob , do you know how the Audio system on the CTX interfaced with my ship and this incredible dream started? Not complaining you know.... Life is but a dream.......
Well, I'm not the miracle worker here so maybe I'll take the transporter to the Dyson Sphere and mind-meld with Scotty to find out! :)

The CTX = C = THE MOST COMFORTABLE LAND SPEEDER EVER!"
T = TECHNOLOGY. still trying to figure all this stuff out.
My owners manual must be missing
Some pages?? What I do understand
Is that its an awesome ride!
X = Experience. YES, YES, YES. !!!!!!

I had both Photon Blasters (yellow lights on front) and P3 Lights (red lights on rear) installed on the Shadow, and I knew I would want them on the CTX as well. As I have said before, these increase your visibility tremendously because they have a microprocessor-controlled flicker that is unfortunately hard to capture on video. This flicker is barely perceptible but it is definitely noticed by drivers of other vehicles. There have been several occasions when I have seen a driver who was obviously distracted by a phone or other thing in their car who suddenly looked up and SAW me instead of pulling out in front of me. The flicker is most noticeable in your peripheral vision.

The red lights on the back (which I have mounted on either side of my license plate) act as running lights in parallel with the usual tail light. When you apply the brakes, these lights come on MUCH brighter and emit four quick flashes, then four longer ones before going to solid red. These lights are VERY bright and can be seen from a block away!

If you purchase the appropriate model (like I did), both the front and rear lights can flash in sync with the turn signals, adding even more visibility when making turns.

These are an amazing invention by Jerry Skene, an electronics engineer who is also an avid motorcyclist. I'd love to see these on a lot more bikes. I feel they are very reasonably priced for the amount of visibility they add to the bike, and Jerry's awesome technical support is impossible to beat!

Skene Design visibility lights
@ShadowRider,

By chance do you recall the mounting bracket that was required for the front and rear install?

Thanks in advance.

Whistler helmet lights

I'm getting this helmet warning light instead of additional brake lights.
Whistler® WHL-80 - MotoGlo? Helmet Safety Light

Same price as added tail/signal lights, but mounted higher up on your brain pan and easier to install. If you carry a co-rider sometimes, you can install an additional device on the second helmet linked to the same controller.

Now if you could only link it to an anti-theft device that would tap your head if someone else drove away with your ride. :520:

I'll add a separate thread when I start using it, hopefully this week if the dealer ever delivers my new machine. :mad::smileygarden_de_ban

@ShadowRider,

By chance do you recall the mounting bracket that was required for the front and rear install?

Thanks in advance.
Actually I don't. I think the ones they supplied worked just fine. But if you have any questions, Jerry is EXTREMELY responsive. Just ask him to look up what he sent me and you'll get the same thing.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.