CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I am a bit of a dim wit,but how do I get pictures of my bike on here,I have them on my pc but don't know to get to this forum.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've always found the photo capabilities of motorcycle forums to be limited. I prefer to use a proper photo sharing site and then just use links in the forums. That way if I get a new bike and move to a new forum I don't have to upload all the photos again.

I'm using SmugMug and I'm very happy with the service.

TennesseeSmith

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
I use flickr. See the link in my signature. Lots of free photo storage and easy to copy a photo. I use the share tool and copy/paste the bb link for the resolution I want into a post in the forum.

The ST forum, and other forums, will let you import a photo directly from your computer but not here. It has to be a web link from the gallery here or from some other web based gallery or source.

·
Registered
227 Posts
To answer your question, you type your message in the message window as normal. If you scroll down a ways you will see a red button that reads MANAGE ATTACHMENTS. Click that and a small window will open. You will have to stretch it a little to see some CHOOSE FILE buttons. Click on the first one, navigate to your pic and then click UPLOAD. After you have finished uploading the photos you want to post, click CLOSE THIS WINDOW button at the bottom. You will find some more text in your Message window. You can hit the PREVIEW POST button at the bottom to see how things will look. If you like it, just hit the SUBMIT REPLY button.

After all of that, I just noticed there is a feature below the Message Window that says DRAG FILES HERE TO ATTACH! Did you try that?

Reactions: Drummer

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
I was going to mention that option but attachment storage is rather small on this forum and with photos you can run out rather fast. With off site online photo storage the limits are much higher. :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I know about the storage problem, but I just wanted to answer his question. I agree that an off-site photo sharing site is a better solution, but sometimes that isn't as easy to some people as it sounds either.

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies,most of what I do the pc is done by accident and trial and error,so will give all your advice a go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts