CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Cruise

Good Pictures. Is the control unit weatherproof? What part numbers did you order from Amazon? Any installation tips you would like to share? Sure sounds like a great improvement for longer trips.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Pictures. Is the control unit weatherproof? What part numbers did you order from Amazon? Any installation tips you would like to share? Sure sounds like a great improvement for longer trips.
It is the same model and control head That I used on my ST1300 a couple of years ago.And That one survived riding in downpours all the way down to mexico which was also my last long trip on that bike.

AJ at Clinton Cycles is the tech that fabricated the mount for the servo unit which he located behind the side panel on the right side just in front of the saddle bag Nothing EXCEPT that little button pad shows now!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I like the idea of the cruise and will order one very shortly.
If you wish to see it prior to ordering it,, Maybe go for a ride and meet up so you can see it first hand in action.. It is not something I would have attempted by myself the first time.. AJ is the Wing mechanic that used to work at Motovation cycle, He now works for Clinton Cycles since Motovation closed

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. I don't believe you are very far from Charles Town. Maybe next week we can find a decent day to meet somewhere. It would be nice to see it in person. Thanks for the offer.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I launcg next Sunday about 0400 for the start of my pizza rdie.. USA 4 corners ride& 3 Flags ride & 50 CC.. Thought I would break the CTX in right If I get my oil and other things done during the week I may be able to meet up part way on Sat:smileygarden_de_ban:smileygarden_de_ban:smileygarden_de_ban

·
Registered
24 Posts
I launcg next Sunday about 0400 for the start of my pizza rdie.. USA 4 corners ride& 3 Flags ride & 50 CC.. Thought I would break the CTX in right If I get my oil and other things done during the week I may be able to meet up part way on Sat:smileygarden_de_ban:smileygarden_de_ban:smileygarden_de_ban
I will tentatively plan on that. Sounds like you will be on the road for a while. Looks like some nice weather toward the end of the week. I live in Charles Town, WV. I see you are in southern Maryland, what part.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Part number for Rostra Cruise Control

Hey Guy, what's the part number for the Rostra Cruise Control you used
on your CTX?

I have the part number for the control pad for the handlebar.

:ty:

Traded

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The part number was a universal fit using the newer model.. NOT the vacuum servo unit.

The Car tire is working wonderful.. It has over 14000 miles on it and still looks new It servived the ride for the USA 4 corners ride. whereas i had to replace the stock front tire at 6500 miles on way back thru Arizona before i got back to Tucson for the 3 flags ride to canada

1 - 13 of 13 Posts