CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my bike today, blue standard and it is great! It originally came in with crate damage and the damaged left side header pipes were replaced. I rode it straight home and started adding the Cee Baily tall windshield, rear carrier, trunk mount and trunk and two cheapo mirrors. Next I will add a throttle lock and a fenda extenda.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Need pics!

Eric

·
Registered
413 Posts
What I don't like is that the trunk itself quick-releases but that floating mount plate requires some more work messing with all those bolts & washers. I've found it easier to just remove the whole rear rack via its 4 bolts to the frame instead of messing with taking the mount plate off the carrier.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just curious, why take the trunk mount plate off the carrier? I thought that if I needed to carry something I would just strap it on top if I needed to carry something.

·
Registered
413 Posts
In the right-hand picture above, the plate is not on the carrier. I had assumed you removed it. Unless the pictures got attached in reverse order and that was before you added it in the first place?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In the right-hand picture above, the plate is not on the carrier. I had assumed you removed it. Unless the pictures got attached in reverse order and that was before you added it in the first place?

Yes I took pictures as I installed the accessories.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nice looking bike. And it's the right color too! It appears you are set up for some long rides now with a taller windscreen and the Top Case.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts