CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up at 1300 deluxe tomorrow with a Honda tall windscreen. I have a few questions. First, I've read on here where some people state that the taller windscreen creates some visibility issues. I rode a bike with the tall windscreen and I was able to see over it quite easily? Do many people here purchase the extended service plans? How long after the purchase do you have to get the Honda extended warranty program? The dealer told me the program got more expensive if you waited to get it? Has anybody heard of the Zürich motorcycle extended service plan?

· Premium Member
324 Posts
I can't say much about the warranty but I can speak for the wind shield height. My wife is 5'2" and sees over the windshield. This is not an issue.

· Registered
797 Posts
The bike comes with a 1 year warranty from Honda. That is too short for a touring bike. You can extend the Honda warranty at any time during that year. The price is not dependent on when you buy the extension. The price is dependent on how badly the dealer wants your money. You can get quotes from multiple dealers and buy it from whichever one you like.

I bought the extended warranty for my first CTX1300, but not for my second one. I had four major issues with my previous bike (2013 Trophy), so I was not in the mood to take chances with reliability. I may yet add the warranty for the second bike. I'd been thinking of trading it for a Tenere, but I'm enjoying the bike so much that I'll probably keep it for five or six years.

I've not heard of the Zürich plan.

I've tried multiple windshields. You can search this site for my take on the various configurations I've tried. Some photos are at CTX1300D - TennesseeSmith

· Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,126 Posts
Congrats on the Red Deluxe! I have the same bike and I love it. So far the only issue I have with the tall windshield is some helmet buffeting at highway speeds (worse on windy days). I am 6'3'', so I know my height is to blame. I have about 20 years of riding experience on bikes without windshields, so to me this isn't a big deal.

Warranty: I got a 3 year (36 months) warranty at no additional cost. This was a combination of special offers at the dealer and Honda. I have a first-run bike so (according my my Honda Dealer, Winston-Salem NC) Honda gave me an extended warranty. I even got Honda's road-side assistance.

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
Congrats on the pickup.
I really like the Honda tall screen. After my GL1500 with its extra tall Tulsa screen I decided I will not ever look through another screen. I am 5' 9" and 32" inseam and can see well over the screen by many inches. I'd say it's about even with just below my nose, or just above my chin, somewhere in there. I can see a lot of road up close in front of the bike. My ST1100 had a Rifle screen that I ended up cutting 3" off just so I could see over it, but even then it was still taller than the Honda tall screen on my CTX. As to having any visibility issues... the only time there will be any issue at all is if you let the screen get really really dirty (btdt). And then you will only have an issue seeing the road JUST in front of the bike. Simple solution... clean the screen. :D

As to extended warranty... I'll wait on getting anything until I see Honda, or someone, willing to include fully covered replacement of any plastic panel for any reason at any time during the life of the warranty. Otherwise I have no worries about the mechanical parts of this bike since it's mostly brought over from the well proven, thoroughly tested, ST1300 platform.

· Registered
105 Posts
The tall windshield is no problem for me to see over. I'm 5'9". I bought the extended warranty on mine (Honda Warranty) and it was pretty reasonable. Especially when compared to the last extended warranty I bought for my Harley....about a third of the cost......that say alot!

I would make sure that you are actually getting a Honda extended warranty and not one underwritten through an insurance company....

Welcome and congrats on the new ride!

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.