CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finally picking up my almost new CTX1300d tomorrow. And then I will be taking it out for a 1500 mile spin. I don't have access to a Honda dealer near me to go look, but can anyone tell me how big is the storage compartment that with USB connector in it? Will I be able to get my Note 3 phone in there? 6" x 3.25" x .4"

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Sorry to say, NO Way. It's only big enough for your insurance card if you fold it in half.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
You can jam in quite a few air miles.

·
Registered
413 Posts
It'll fit an iPhone 5 but not a 6 or 6 plus, which sounds closer to the dimensions of your Note.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I have a Note 3 and the answer is still No

Reactions: willajabir

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
LOL...or a business card! All I keep in mine is the USB thumb drive where it attaches and a spare charging cord for my phone. I did however manage to install a switch that activates my deer alarm.
Do you have many deer stealing motorcycles?

Out here it's the seagulls. But try to find a seagull alarm...you can't.

Reactions: Kevinnugent

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I am finally picking up my almost new CTX1300d tomorrow. And then I will be taking it out for a 1500 mile spin. I don't have access to a Honda dealer near me to go look, but can anyone tell me how big is the storage compartment that with USB connector in it? Will I be able to get my Note 3 phone in there? 6" x 3.25" x .4"
Welcome, Jeff! A few "notes" from my experiences with the USB port in the right pocket: With a meaty phone like yours, you would have a hard time keeping it charged with the built-in USB anyway. There are some good discussions about it somewhere around here, haha. If you are lucky, the previous owner of your bike had a charging pigtail installed on the battery... if so, you can get an adapter and plug your phone into that. That's what I do, and it works magnificently. You can then pair your phone with the bluetooth on your bike and you are good to go pretty much forever. As far as storage goes... I have had great luck with a bicycle handlebar bag purchased from Walmart. It doesn't even look bad, and it serves as a mini-tank bag. And I do mean MINI. Have fun with your new ride, and let us know how your trip goes! :)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
N3 owner here also. I use a battery tender pigtail and plug in a cig lighter for traveling. Can plug in GPS or N3 and have plenty of juice.
The pocket has my multi-tool, thumb drive, a few allen wrenches....oh and my little tire plug tool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts