CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Both additions look very nice, and the utopia backrest looks comfy. But can you squeeze a passenger on now with the backrest installed? Looks pretty tight back there.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In this pic the back rest is in the full back adjustment, so it would stay up by itself.. Had the wife on it already and it did not change her space allotment .. That being said I have ordered the Butt buddy as advertised on page 82 of the September issue of rider magazine to improve her comfort on longer trips

·
Registered
83 Posts
are the LEDs running lights, or do they change intensity with the brake lights? How hard was the setup? I was thinking of putting some extra lights or at least retro reflective red tape on the saddlebags.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
are the LEDs running lights, or do they change intensity with the brake lights? How hard was the setup? I was thinking of putting some extra lights or at least retro reflective red tape on the saddlebags.

They are bright running lights AND REALLY BRIGHT STOP LIGHTS sir.When they light up as stop lights you can not even see the stock lights underneath.

Installing was not hard it was just scary drilling hole into the tail trunk for the quick disconnect underneath so I can still pop the trunk off

·
Registered
83 Posts
They are bright running lights AND REALLY BRIGHT STOP LIGHTS sir.When they light up as stop lights you can not even see the stock lights underneath.

Installing was not hard it was just scary drilling hole into the tail trunk for the quick disconnect underneath so I can still pop the trunk off
one of the reasons I was looking more at putting them on the saddlebags was so I didn't have to worry about disconnecting them. I only plan on really having the tail case on when on trips, so putting more lights on the saddlebags would make more sense. I would probably put some red reflective tape or maybe even glue on reflectors, just to make it a bit more visible.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are those the Skene Design lights? I have had those on both of my last 2 bikes and love them. I put mine on each side of the license plate. You can see a photo of them here:

http://www.ctx1300forum.com/forum/a...1402279565-helmet-locking-hassle-img_5296.jpg
I have no idea sir.. I will try and find out,, I just asked for the brightest running brake light combo they had
In the pic in day light,, they look like the brakes are on BUT they are in the running light only mode there

·
Registered
131 Posts
How about a pic with LEDs off. :350x700px-LL-66dd6d
I was liking Givi trunks for Viz look when bike was not, on as well as improved Viz when on.
Could do like you have with added reflectors below perhaps.

Looking:smiley-happy0034: forward to more pix

1 - 11 of 11 Posts