CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Thanks for posting. I have to wonder if that's some kind of a speed record for going darkside on a brand new bike!

So if I'm seeing that right, the new risers clamp into the old risers? Interesting setup. How's it all feel?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for posting. I have to wonder if that's some kind of a speed record for going darkside on a brand new bike!

So if I'm seeing that right, the new risers clamp into the old risers? Interesting setup. How's it all feel?
Had 955 miles on stock tire when I pulled it. and Murgie the keeper of the darkside list on the Gl1800 forum has modified my DS num,ber with a .1 after the 1413 to signify my DS on the new CTX1300

I am still searching for the sweet spot on riser position BUT so far have not found a BAD spot.. I am only 5'08" and a 28" inseam .. with the risers adjusted to the rear I can now sit back and touch the back support portion of the riders seat.. whereas before i had to stay scooted about an inch away forward .. much more relaxed AND I NOW HAVE BETTER VIEW thru the stock mirrors!

·
Registered
128 Posts
So how does this tire feel compared to the stock one, especially on turns?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the stock WIDE tire on the CTX felt a bit weird compared to a stock winf set up.. This brdgestone drive guard run flat is more squared off then the Mc I removed.. at slow speeds you do notice the ruts in the road from the big trucks. BUT at speed in turns no slippage ,, and it behaves nicely MUCH smoother ride ..helps make up for the crappy rear stiff suspension since it only needs about 30 PSI vs 40

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The closest tire size I could find was 205/50/17 It fir with no problem,,, The cables and hoses had to be removed from their little restraints in front of the yoke to give me enough play to put the risers back where I wanted them.. I plan on replacing the cables and hoses with about 3 inch longer ones just for added play

·
Registered
3 Posts
The riser looks like something I would like. Did you fabricate it, or get it commercially? And if you bought it, where? And, does it come in black? Thanks. I formerly put risers on a GW and a VTX and it made the bikes part of me, where w/out them, it was alien.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The riser looks like something I would like. Did you fabricate it, or get it commercially? And if you bought it, where? And, does it come in black? Thanks. I formerly put risers on a GW and a VTX and it made the bikes part of me, where w/out them, it was alien.
Bought them off the internet, and yes they come in black.. the brand name was ROX.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the ROX risers on another bike the only thing with them is if they start to move a little like they did on my bike.

Then I roughed up Rox section that fits into the oem Handle bar mount as that round section is very smooth and can slip,

I just rough that area up some with a file and did not have any problem after that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts