CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been gone all week and could not get pictures before now - sorry.
It is raining here today, so had to do these inside where the light is bad - so not the best... Just click the pic to make it bigger.

pic1.JPG
I have always been worried about the "leaned back" look of the back support pad, but the wife says it feels ok.

pic2.JPG
I like the way it looks on the bike - this was another worry of mine...

pic3.JPG
It holds two helmets, but that is not why I got it. I am not too worried about the tiny weight limit, we will pack it to the gills with clothes and such. My wife will probably make a liner for the top case like she did for the saddle bags.

pic4.JPG
Pops right off just by lifting the carrying handle.

pic5.JPG
Attaches by two points and the latch - all very beefy.

The lock tumblers are in. I will go pick them up after breakfast...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks so much for sharing... I THINK?!:ty:

But now I'm confused. ([email protected]#*&%%^& -it.):eek:
Originally I did not care for the look of the Honda case when seen in available one line trunk standing alone pic. :350x700px-LL-66dd6d But seeing one actually on a bike it (your assorted pix) shows more details such that I question accuracy of previous on line pic. :confused: Maybe it was the generic angle used was hiding some things. I disliked those so much I became intersted in aftermarket alternatives... Givi specifically and most liked the V47 (Std and Tech versions else V46Tech). Now seeing OEM one on the bike ... plus being a Blue Deluxe just like mine, I can better judge such that I have a renewed interest in the OEM trunk. I still wish it had some rear lighting incorporated for better visibility/safety etc as that would show up more. Something I picked up when having a few Givi models held over my bike about where they would be. I may now have to look at what might be possible to add and complimenting aftermarket LED strip etc lights with a quick disconnect. :rolleyes: If possible, it needs to be tasteful since the OEM trunk does look very very good for matching the lines as well as of course splash of matching color which most aftermarkets can't do... or do a high cost. Thanks for the confusion... I think!:smiley-happy0034:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Forgot to ask

I recall seeing or reading somewhere that the OEM trunk is NOT water tight/proof. :eek:
Anything on that in the liturature which came with it?:confused:

·
Registered
406 Posts
I think the tail trunk is water tight, BUT the saddle bags are too weak to take any over packing.. they will leak like a rotten wooden water bucket.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It looks like top center section is gloss black which does not exist anywhere else on the bike. Is it and if so does it look good and seem suited vs textured black or color match or maybe brushed like silver as in engine top?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The black strip over the top of the box is gloss black - and I think it looks really good (it is just like the gloss black on the sides of the bike - and not like the pebble black on the saddle bags). The bottom half of the box is the pebble black.

There is a rubber gasket that seals the box, though I could not say if it would be water proof. I have driven my bike a couple times in driving rain (once with the saddle bags full) and have not had any water come into the bags - though they are certainly not water proof - I was pleasantly surprised by how well they did. My guess is that the top case will be better yet.

·
Registered
406 Posts
But that little gloss black section is very fragile,, be careful ,,DO not let anything fall onto it..Wife dropper her little digtal camera on it as she was taking a pic and it cracked it

·
Registered
131 Posts
Still Ponderin' OEM vs Aftermarket

Part of me thinks it would be nice to offer a rack that could go on the top to hold larger (be it not too heavy) item(s). :350x700px-LL-66dd6d But if top is not too strong, that won't happen. :(
And the other part of me realizes a rack on top might ruin the clean look it has as is.:confused:
I really wish they had some LED lighting (and reflectors) built into it (quick elec. connector built in as well) that matched bikes lines and served usefull and safety (more noticeable) funtion.:rolleyes::eek:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a Maxia Givi that I painted in black. I could set brake lights if I wanted to but I think there's no hurry for the time being (not crazy about the Xmas tree style :wink:).

·
Registered
406 Posts
Part of me thinks it would be nice to offer a rack that could go on the top to hold larger (be it not too heavy) item(s). :350x700px-LL-66dd6d But if top is not too strong, that won't happen. :(
And the other part of me realizes a rack on top might ruin the clean look it has as is.:confused:
I really wish they had some LED lighting (and reflectors) built into it (quick elec. connector built in as well) that matched bikes lines and served usefull and safety (more noticeable) funtion.:rolleyes::eek:

If I can get home ,,off duty, in time to get pictures tonite of all the additions to my bike I the last week I will post here.. I had strip superbrite LEDs installed along opening edge of top case and hyper lites next to the tag.. tank lites have a quick disconnect similar to Gerbings heated gear..

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looking forward to pix when you have the time. That may help visualize what can be done with OEM box for comparisons to others (like Givi) with built/designed in lights.:eek::smiley-happy0034:

·
Registered
413 Posts
backrest built into the case or not?

Is a passenger backrest built into the rear trunk case or is it an add-on? I don't see it listed separately on Honda's accessories list, but I know I've seen some photos posted here (maybe TennesseeSmith's?) that showed the case without a backrest on it.

As shown on Honda's site:

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I don't have this on mine. I have the passenger back rest, but I'm pretty sure that the back rest is built into the rear trunk. The rear rack is seperate though, you also have to get the mounting plate for the trunk too.

Is a passenger backrest built into the rear trunk case or is it an add-on? I don't see it listed separately on Honda's accessories list, but I know I've seen some photos posted here (maybe TennesseeSmith's?) that showed the case without a backrest on it.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts

Is this the one you saw?

That's actually not a Honda top case... not even a Honda luggage rack but a custom rack with a Saddlemen HC1700 Hard Case mounted.

·
Registered
446 Posts
The backrest is included with the trunk, but comes as a physically separate part that you mount on the trunk's forward face.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I chose not to install the pad since I ride solo.

Over the Winter I plan to put an aux fuel tank where the passenger would sit.

Installing the pad requires two holes to be drilled in the box.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had a Maxia Givi that I painted in black. I could set brake lights if I wanted to but I think there's no hurry for the time being (not crazy about the Xmas tree style :wink:).
Im waiting to order the Givi, but the dealer couldnt find a mounting bracket. Givi said its forthcoming... what did you use?

Oh .. and thanks (cjm76) for the pics.. I may just go for the oem trunk... didnt know it fit two helmets !

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Hey @richroiz,
Google "Givi SR1134".
That is a MonoKEY mount. I haven't seen a monolock mount yet.
The SR1134 is rack and mount, so you don't have to buy the Honda rack.
Discussion about the SR1134 and top case by Givi here.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
@Dew - moved your post to the appropriate thread related to your question.
Please check out the photos in the first post of THIS thread to answer your question.
Thx.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts