1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TRAXXION DYNAMICS is a suspension company in Georgia
they are on the fz-07 forum and seem to be really great guys
I just installed there damping rod kit in my fz and the fork is awesome
now I don't have a lot of miles on my ctx but on an imperfect road the fork is really really bad. I have a road on the way to work that makes this problem scream, my fork sucks
and the Yamaha is firm but soaks up all the bumps great
I want to see if they will give a discount to someone if we can get a bike to them
I live in mn so a little far for me but if some one in Georgia can get them a bike I think we can get a fix for us all
for the record these are the guys that fix most of the goldwings
this is the very beginning of this process so at this time I am just wondering if anyone would be interested in giving up your bike for just a little bit. likely a very good discount on the demo bike
I would like to call them on Monday
and I can let you know what they say

·
Registered
227 Posts
Where in Georgia? I live in N. Fla and would let them use my bike, if it isn't too far into Ga.

·
Registered
314 Posts
TRAXXION DYNAMICS is a suspension company in Georgia

I want to see if they will give a discount to someone if we can get a bike to them

I would like to call them on Monday
and I can let you know what they say
I live only 45 miles from Woodstock, GA. If you talk to them, let me know what they are willing to do, and I would let them have mine to play with.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright I just talked to them and
I will be the guinea pig
I will pull the forks and send them in
and be without the bike for a couple of weeks
and then we shall see from there
he said he wont need a bike for just the forks
wish me luck

·
Registered
314 Posts
That's interesting... I would think that the bike would be very important for testing suspension tweaks - how else would you know if you got it right?

Reactions: willajabir

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for what it did for my fz I trust them
he said on a lot of the sport bikes they would like a bike for rear purposes not really front
he said forks are forks and will be able to determine needs once they get them opened up
remember these guys make sportbikes out of goldwings
I have a good feeling that even with the stock rear shocks this bike will be a different ride once the fork is done
I should know in a couple of weeks

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for giggles I ran down to the garage and put a line on the fork tube with no weight on it, and once I sat on it
there was like 2 inches of drop with just me alone, or sag
2 up would be even more then that
leads me to believe that most of all its a spring problem first and then valving
I think the fork is bottoming and has nothing left on a rough road
I am 250 lbs so if you are lighter you may not have near the problem
like my fz-07 it was made for a 170lb ride and was way under sprung for my fat ass
I will only say that it makes a tremendous difference to set up a bike for your needs and weight and riding style
once I get the forks back I will let everyone know
but there is a reason guys spend 25k on a Goldwing and then seek these guys out to fix what Honda didn't

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
forks are off and on the way to traxxion dynamics
likely to get some ak20 cartridges
should be in there hands on Monday
2 weeks without bike but should be awesome when I get it back

·
Registered
283 Posts
If your experiment works and it is affordable, better tell those Traxxion Dynamics folks to be prepared for a whole bunch of business.... Looking forward to hearing about the results.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just talked to Dan at Traxxion and they got forks today
should have them pulled apart in the next couple days and have some answers I will keep you in the loop
I watched a video on YouTube last night about the Goldwing forks
it is a three part vid from Traxxion and if you have any questions about suspension it will likely answer them
its all about the gold wing and you would not believe what Honda has in those forks. if you understand what's in the fork it will make a lot more sense to you why ours is as bad as it seems
believe me it doesn't need to be that bad
on the road to work this bike was like I had a solid fork and no tire on the rim, it was that bad
I can just about guarantee this is a new bike or a different bike when I get the forks back
I cant wait

1 - 12 of 12 Posts