CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody;
I purchased a set of Bridgestone exedra max when I get my bike. And now almost 6k miles has on it. As far as I can see rear tire seems almost done and I’m thinking a 2000 miles long trip for 2 ways. Any suggestions please, should I change rear tire before my trip or can it do that?
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
668 Posts
@Yoruk - a lot depends on the roads you’ll be riding on. The chip & seal variety will kill that tire in no time. Concrete freeways and smooth blacktop will last much longer. That said, mine usually are much more worn than that when I replace them. Have gotten 9,000 miles each out of a couple ExedraMaxes and a Commander II. Am currently installing a Shinko 009 Raven ahead of my anticipated 4,000 miles to and from the Meetup in the Mountains in a couple weeks.

If you’re worried about it - I would say change it. For peace of mind on the trip. And trying to find one when you NEED IT NOW will put a serious damper on an otherwise-enjoyable trip !!!

Reactions: BravoBravo

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Your tire looks like mine- mostly highway commuting miles on mine and I'm close to 13K miles. Was also debating tire replacement before the Meetup in 2 weeks...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everybody;
I purchased a set of Bridgestone exedra max when I get my bike. And now almost 6k miles has on it. As far as I can see rear tire seems almost done and I’m thinking a 2000 miles long trip for 2 ways. Any suggestions please, should I change rear tire before my trip or can it do that?
Thanks!
I agree with troystg.
I got 3800 miles out of my Shinko.
I went with a Bridgestone driveguard run flat and I have no regrets.
It took a little while to get use to.
I run 25 psi in it and it can't be better.
Good luck !!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ironically I run mine at 42 pounds (max of 51 per the tire).

I like the tire rigid and slightly out in the center. I don't do it for the mileage or cost aspect., Although I am tickled pink that I haven't had to change the tire in two riding seasons.. Maybe I need to ride more...

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your tire looks like mine- mostly highway commuting miles on mine and I'm close to 13K miles. Was also debating tire replacement before the Meetup in 2 weeks...
13K miles? Wow! What brand of tires you are using. As I know 13K miles is really really good.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,086 Posts
I average 5,000 - 6,000 miles on my rear Bridgestone tire. I would go ahead and get another just in case. I have a spare in my garage for when it is time to swap!

·
Registered
296 Posts
You mounted it backwards... JOKING! It looks correct. And familiar.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts