CTX 1300 Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Looks as though I'll have to bow out of this due to ongoing health issues.
I'll most likely be putting my bikes up for sale in the next few weeks. Depends on whether or not my son wants any or all of them.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
I'll most likely be putting my bikes up for sale in the next few weeks. Depends on whether or not my son wants any or all of them.
@cefox
I am very sorry to hear that. We all know that day is coming for us too, but it's still sad to hear.

Challenging times ahead. Good luck to you.

Reactions: cefox

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Sorry to hear that. 🙏🙏it works out for ya. Stay safe.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
What the latest on this trip?
Who going still?​
Who staying in a motel in Bend for two nights...besides me...but not with me, because...you know.​

Because of you-know, I'm still weighing my options on my entire 14 day trip. Likely commit two weeks prior. I just received the first of two immunizations. Still, we don't know how effective it will be...yadayadayada. And I'll ride through eastern edge of CA for two days. Plus three days in Death Valley...ooo, I don't like the sound of that.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
971 Posts
What the latest on this trip?
Who going still?​
Who staying in a motel in Bend for two nights...besides me...but not with me, because...you know.​

Because of you-know, I'm still weighing my options on my entire 14 day trip. Likely commit two weeks prior. I just received the first of two immunizations. Still, we don't know how effective it will be...yadayadayada. And I'll ride through eastern edge of CA for two days. Plus three days in Death Valley...ooo, I don't like the sound of that.
My involvement is contingent on many factors. I will not commit until the last minute most likely.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I haven't ruled it out, but leaning toward not. Want to save most remaining vacation time for trip with my better half, who doesnt like the open road or sitting pillion. I had to use a few days unexpectedly because of testing positive over a month ago (I was fortunate - it was like a mild flu for me).
I would certainly like to do an overnighter in Death Valley and meet up with you @bruceb if you dont mind the company for a couple miles and a meal.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
{SNIPPED}
I would certainly like to do an overnighter in Death Valley and meet up with you @bruceb if you dont mind the company for a couple miles and a meal.
Did someone say FOOD?

Sure. I plan to arrive in Death Valley mid-day on Tues, 5/11, and depart the afternoon of Fri, 5/14. Been there twice before, in an RV, never on a motorcycle. Didn't get enough then, so I'll stay a while. Using motels throughout the 14 days. Amargosa Hotel in DV.

Of course, all is contingent on you-know-what. I received my first immunization last week, so I'm feeling more confident about this trip than prior. [Third try since 2019 for this trip.] Forest fires usually don't start till June or July.

Let's PM to continue, or talk via phone or Zoom, if you like.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would like to go. Bend is only a 5 hour ride for me. Any ideas on what loops around the area anyone would like to see. Or a point A to point B?

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
So for the Bend portion of this ride, your all talking about 5/7-5/9 or 10? Is that the correct area? Has anyone booked any room yet? If so where. I had my first covid vaccine shot last week.and get the 2nd on 2/3. So far nothing has fallen off and I haven't grown anything new so I'm still seriously looking at this trip.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
So for the Bend portion of this ride, your all talking about 5/7-5/9 or 10? Is that the correct area? Has anyone booked any room yet? If so where. I had my first covid vaccine shot last week.and get the 2nd on 2/3. So far nothing has fallen off and I haven't grown anything new so I'm still seriously looking at this trip.
I'll arrive the evening of Friday, May 7, depart morning of Sunday, May 9.

I've not made my Bend reservations yet, but want to soon. Plenty motels in Bend. Normally I would agree to share a room, but...you know. I prefer a moderate priced motel, safe from vandals. Close to a good restaurant, so I can park, unpack, eat and drink and drink an adult beverage, then walk back to a warm unoccupied bed.

I received my first shot last week, so will be fully prepared COVID wise by May. OTOH, if the predictions for the latest mutation of the virus prove true, we may find ourselves deep in it again by May. Which could mean motels and restaurants closed again. Don't know and don't expect to make the final Go until two weeks before departure. But I'll be ready to go.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
I just made reservations at the Days Inn by Wyndham Bend for the nights of 5/7 and 5/8. Easily done, as they take cancellations up to two days prior. $125 for both nights, single queen bed.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
I just want to offer another option, strictly because I like it. Because Bend is 441 miles from my home, on day one I had planned to ride to Pendleton Oregon , which is north and east of Bend. 350 miles for me. Plenty nice riding there too - Hood River to the west, and SR395 to the south.

I still hope to go. 50-50 as before, because of spousal concerns.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I am confirming I am out of the Oregon ride. Cant do an 8-10 day bike trip this year. Hopefully next year.
But, I can do an overnighter to Death Valley - rolling in at dinner time on 5/12 and departing the area around 2pm on 5/13. @bruceb , I am keeping those 2 days open.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
I am confirming I am out of the Oregon ride. Cant do an 8-10 day bike trip this year. Hopefully next year.
But, I can do an overnighter to Death Valley - rolling in at dinner time on 5/12 and departing the area around 2pm on 5/13. @bruceb , I am keeping those 2 days open.
@Stirling
Kewl. I have reservations at the Amargosa Opera House & Hotel for the nights of 5/11, 12, 13, departing on 5/14 for nearby Beatty.

Odds are 50-50 for this trip, given you-know-what and she who must be obeyed. Will decide beginning on May 2, with departure on 5/7 or 5/8.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Sorry to say I doubt I will be making this trip. Just found out that my oldest granddaughter will be graduating the week I'd need to travel out. Can't miss that. Maybe next time. Rides safe.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
With interest fading for this trip, I will withdraw too.

@Stirling - have not forgotten our separate intentions for DV on 5/12/21.

Reactions: Stirling
21 - 39 of 39 Posts