CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have ideas for a location BESIDES under the seat for installation of the 12v accessory plug? I am getting the one directly from honda accessories.The installation instructions on the honda website for it say to put it under the seat,but I want to be able to access it for use to charge my gps,etc when stopped WITHOUT having to remove the seat every time to use it. I was even thinking about doing some custom work and installing it in the honda trunk that I have coming for my black deluxe with some sort of quick disconnect for it when I remove the trunk from the bike. Ideas,comments,or suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Bob has one in one of his hard bags. Not sure how he wired it, but I'm sure he'll drop in any time now with a tip or two.

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
OK, here I am. See my thread HERE to see how I wired the 12v in the right saddlebag. You can also click the link to my Flickr photo album and read the photo comments for more details. I also, earlier, put one under the seat just for my mini air pump since that takes more amps than the factory 12v option. But I like having the switched socket in the saddlebag for charging devices. I don't need any socket for running gadgets up front since I have all those directly wired for power where needed.

I also remember reading here somewhere that a member (don't remember who) had one put somewhere up front. Either the right storage box or the blank panel just back from the right speaker, or somewhere up there. I think they needed one to run gadgets up front. But as I said I wire anything directly to a power feed that I need to use up front, like GPS or my Gerbing heated gloves (soon to be added).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts