CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From thread Electronics > 12v accessory plug in right saddlebag

Where is the Rear Option Connector that shows on the Honda schematic? Can it be used for anything?
That's the connector I really have wanted to use for rear brake lights but I cannot find it anywhere yet. I haven't had the rear end disassembled much yet and still hope it's back there someplace but it's not where the SM says it should be and I think Honda left it out for our bikes. I would expect that connector would be what is used for a tail light option on the trunk so it would make sense for it to be there somewhere.
Has anyone found that power under the seat? I want to add this deceleration/brake light -> Vololights. Just need power. I haven't tried to remove the top shelter yet, having hit a wall at the piece above the right shroud [what is the name?] after breaking a piece off that shroud. :(

· Registered
227 Posts
I am sure Bob will chime in soon. He is the expert on those connectors and where to find power for stuff like that.

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
I have yet to find that connector and I've really looked short of tearing apart the rear end of the bike. I also have a need for a relay trigger for my LED tail/brake light bar that just arrived Saturday. I think it was Saturday. After one or two days they all blur together now. Check out my electrical diagrams in my Flickr photos (in my signature). I have the connectors on the way for making the tail splice that will insert between the connectors under the seat for the tail lights assembly. At least one other member here has made one already and I plan to do the same to tap off brake, left and right turn signals for relays. The brake will be used for the LED bar. The turn signals will be used to trigger the relays for making the driving lights I'll eventually add to flash with the turn signals up front. This was the best plan I could come up with and keep it simple to implement. I am considering offering to make these pigtail spice inserts for anyone who wants one after I get it together and see what it would cost me. Running light taps would not be needed (unless requested) since to do it right the power for tail lights or running lights should come directly off the power line from the battery/fuse block that I will also add to my bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.