CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The amount of advertising and click-bait on this forum is maddening. I see that premium membership promote "less" ads. How much less is "less"? Is there an ad-free option? I'm looking for reason not to exit the forum for good.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I'm premium and I don't see ANY ads ...

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
The most advertising I see is the "Latest Honda News" panel on the lower right of the screen... IF I take the time to even notice it's there. It doesn't flash or flicker or refresh to try to grab my attention so I usually forget it's there. Otherwise NO advertising. But I have the Lifetime membership. Don't know if the Premium may have any different.

Here are screen shots of the very top of this thread page and the very bottom. The panel on the right of the bottom shot is the Honda News panel I was referring to.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Bob, I still am getting bounced . Adds up the ying yang and loging me out or not. It will recognize me and then bounce me out. Help !!!:(:(

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
I paid the $40 to upgrade to lifetime for that very reason. Sick of the ads and having them locking up my computer. Don't get any ads and no other issues since upgrading. With all of the great information here, I figure I am way ahead of that $40 in savings.

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
Bob, I still am getting bounced . Adds up the ying yang and loging me out or not. It will recognize me and then bounce me out. Help !!!:(:(
These kinds of forum problems need to be reported to the Admins of the forum since I cannot, or do not know how to, resolve forum account issues. Send a note to @ctx1300admin.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Lifetime member - no ads.

Is good, and fair to pay for value and friendship.

Reactions: djrose007

·
Administrator
294 Posts
The amount of advertising and click-bait on this forum is maddening. I see that premium membership promote "less" ads. How much less is "less"? Is there an ad-free option? I'm looking for reason not to exit the forum for good.
Can you grab me a screenshot of which ad you're referring to?

Ed

·
Registered
86 Posts
Agreed. The forum is nearly unusable. Not only do the ads invade every part of your screen, they are impossible to get rid of. The motorcycle videos are the real problem. Guess I'd pay a little but I am too frugal to start paying anything outrageous. Guess I should look into cost of the other memberships.

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
AS the @ctx1300admin has asked it would be very helpful to include, if possible, a screen shot of the screen with the advertising. It is possible that malware is included with some advertising that causes an incremental increase in nuisance adds and invasive adds overwhelming the forum experience. Only by knowing WHAT adds are showing up can they do something or anything about them if not the normal part of the free admission option. As I have posted there are never more than 3 items in the Latest Honda News and they are always passive and just sit there not getting in the way. I usually forget they are even there since they are always out of the way.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There should be 7 screenshots attached.

I count 10 ads, 8 click-bait articles at the bottom, 2 click-baits on right panel, 1 embedded video, and 2 popup videos which I could only close after about 30 seconds. At least one pop-up with each new page. Much of the "news" is old so those should actually be counted as click-bait also.

My browser bogs down scrolling through a page, particularly when there are embedded videos which are nearly full height on the display. All the distractions are so annoying. I'm done with this forum, not paying $40 to stop the abuse.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
@Shrek,
ALL of those adds/pop-ups are gone with even the $15/yr signup. The only items that remain are what I mentioned before (3 items under the one panel on the lower right that just sit there without impacting anything about the web site). I can see where those would make you want to quit visiting. If you think this forum on its own merits is worth hanging out on without those adds/pop-ups then I think it would at least worth the $15/yr for a few years. But if you just cannot justify the value of paying a little for what productive information this forum does provide I understand.

Also sent this as PM as well as a post so you really don't need to visit the forum to read it.

·
Administrator
294 Posts
@Shrek Some of the ads you posted are what logged out users see. When you log in the shouldn't show, same with the autoplay videos. If you are getting those while logged in can you try copy their URL and we'll get these reported?

Niall

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Niall. Interesting! I did not realize that, most of the time I'm logged off while quickly checking if anything catch my attention. I log in only to post or comment which is infrequent. It was the distraction from pop-up videos that put me over the edge. After your note, I logged in and browsed a few topics - your'e right, the amount of advertising is considerably less!! Thanks for the tip. This might be tolerable.

·
Administrator
294 Posts
No problem, if you tick the "remember me" box it should keep you logged in so you won't see the ads when you go to the site.

Niall

1 - 16 of 16 Posts