CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the Admin folk-

In several m/c forums, most notably the Goldwing forum, there's usually a "sticky" incorporating model owner's "beefs/desires" that is intended for reading by Honda dealerships/Honda staff.

It collects all the owner desires, gripes, recurring problems, wishes, etc. into one thread so that in the (probably unlikely) event some Honda Customer Representatives view the thread, he/she/they can see where recurring problem/wishlist items are and communicate what the problems in the field are with a particular model.

Such threads are handy because they can incorporate all the product beefs/engineering requests/option requests/etc into one "basket" as opposed to having them shotgunned throughout all the topic areas of the forum, thereby reducing thread hijacks for equipment rants.

I'd be happy to start it off by saying that whichever engineer(s) came up with the kickstand design and the pannier latching system should be sent to bed without dessert:mad:

The pannier latches are rough and unforgiving, and the nylon safety straps that keep the drop-down half of the bag from falling often become stuck in the closing edges of the bags. This design flaw is exacerbated when the owner (me:tongue:) has had to invest in bag liners in order to keep from spilling his personal belongings (Lederhosen, Speedo, etc) onto the pavement every time he opens the pannier. The bag liners shove the pannier safety straps out as you close the pannier.

I find the rounded ball on the sidestand tends to slide out from under the heel of my riding boots. My subsequent efforts to secure the bike after it's stopped begin to resemble someone either trying to kickstart the engine or madly stomp an insect to death.:mad:

A sharper edge on the sidestand extension would better engage the sole of a riding boot and prove more effective in its deployment, particularly in wet/pavement oiled conditions.

Thank you, Mother Honda

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
The OEM short windshields should be sent to the Lilliputian factory. They useless other than keeping the dust off your keys...maybe. At least add the tall version to the Deluxe package.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
  • I haven't any such 'sticky' in any of the many forums I belong or have belonged to.
  • I don't know that anyone from Honda belongs to this site or even visits it with any regularity to make such a thing worthwhile. However, we can check with the admins to see if that's the case.

Such a thread, in my opinion, will only encourage mass whining and moaning. We have enough of that already. I'd suggest that, if you have an issue, continue to either post it in an appropriate existing thread or start a new one. If it's a common issue, it will probably stay at or near the top of the Recent Discussions list. :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
  • I haven't any such 'sticky' in any of the many forums I belong or have belonged to.

• Saunders Goldwing Forum. It didn't encourage "whining". The comments were constructive and representative of the dreams ofGoldwing owners for ongoing evolution of the Wing.

Whether it had any impact on Honda's Goldwing R&D is unknown. But regardless, that doesn't mean it should be dismissed out of hand.

The Saunders Goldwing Forum for years was the most civil and constructive to which I've ever belonged.

Every owner and prospective owner of the CTX1300 is doing beta testing for Honda. Maybe they're entitled to voice both their happiness and wishes for product development without being cast as "whiners" by those responsible for civil discourse on this forum.:confused:

I appreciate the product knowledge I've received here.

You may close my account. Thanks.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
279 Posts
wow that took a turn, Again
that same idea is used very well on some ford forums im on
It does keep highlighted things, good and bad at the top and in everyone's face. also ford cust serv reps are on it all day helping or at least acting like they are trying to help
this seems to be a another thread in wich someone with an idea got punched for an opinion
this forum is gonna get real thin real quick with people that know bikes
there seems to be a lot of people on this forum with great ideas and we are gonna loose all of it very soon
we have got to stop punching people for an opinion or an idea if this thing is gonna grow
we got guys giving up weeks and months of riding to help this forum for things like seats, shocks, fuel inj, etc and guys making things like brackets for pegs and lights etc
we have a lot of good going on here and if we don't stop it will all be gone
another opinion

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Well, now.....lets look at this from both sides.
I've got the same experience as @Springer, so I agree with him, BUT knowing human nature I would agree with Ed ( @sleepngbear ) had I not had that experience which is what he stated.
It seems bikers are more calm and focused when they have a medium to express concerns/ideas for their beloved rides. That is the majority. There are always those that rant when given the opportunity regardless of rules or purpose of threads. I've even been guilty of going off topic in every forum I've been on. While it hurts my feelings when I'm called out, I also realize what I've done when everyone ignores me sans being called out.
I would suggest making the sticky thread, the first post is the guidelines for the thread. Some of us will vent. If it becomes a rant, we have moderators to remedy the situation. We shouldn't get upset just because a moderator has an opinion either. The moderators here have voiced opinions the same as the rest of us and have not use their powers that be to squelch opposing views.
Having voiced my opinion doesn't mean there aren't company guidelines that also my prohibit such threads for that purpose in their sponsored forums.
Should this thread be under the Forum Information & Help so powers that be are aware?

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
I do agree with the forum being a place to voice opinions as well as provide each other with help from those who know something about a subject. AND I agree that there has been a lot of whining about certain things after they have been identified as something that may need attention. This bike isn't perfect. WE are not either. We all need to be careful about going too far complaining about some detail that we think needs changed or just needs more attention from Honda... or the forum admins and mods. I'm not sure that Honda is interested in what we have to say, but then again they might be. It would be nice to read something that shows they are.

I think that us mods need to get together offline with the forum admins to discuss this request and what that first post should possibly be. I do agree this thread should be moved to the Forum Information & Help sub-forum and will do that now.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
this seems to be a another thread in wich someone with an idea got punched for an opinion
WTF???? Who got punched??? This cracks me up. The same people that complain that they THINK their differing opinions are not welcome are the ones who themselves don't like to hear differing opinions. SMH.

Did anybody here say not to express their concerns or issues? NO. It was SUGGESTED here to start a sticky thread for the sole purpose of stating things people would like to see improved. I've seen people in other forums try to start threads like this before, and two things inevitably happen in them: they turn into a very negatively toned gripe-fest, followed by lots of arguments about what's really an issue and what's a individual's personal want. MY experience has been that THEY MOST OFTEN DO NOT END WELL. To my knowledge, there are no Honda factory reps lurking this forum; however, I also did say that I'd check on that. But people were apparently too busy getting their panties in a bunch to notice that detail.

Did anyone say we would absolutely not implement this sticky thread? NO. I expressed my SUGGESTION that we stay the course, and I gave my reasons why. The OP offered a suggestion. Ironically, the responses to my answer to it are a perfect example of why I am not in favor of it. But I don't make the rules. As Bob said, we'll discuss it with the admins and see where it goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts