CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been stalking the forum, and finally decided to sign up.

I currently ride an NC700X primarily for commuting, but i love it on the twists as well on a sunday afternoon here along the delaware river. I have been riding for years, and am more interested in reliability, MPG, and comfort than I am noise and chrome.

Thanks to the VLOG of some of the members here like DubbsRider and other videos that I have watched, I think I am sold on the CTX1300 Deluxe. I'm not quite ready to spend the coin on a Wing, but want something bigger with some storage for longer rides with my girlfriend.

Hopefully will be looking to purchase in the next month or so, towards the end of the season. Not sure if I will trade or just buy it as a second bike.

What are some of ya'lls favorite add ons and accessories, both OEM and aftermarket?

Looking forward to the group.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Welcom aboard @jggassert,
Top case, tall windshield (Honda, Givi, Madstad), and saddle bad liners seem to be the first add-ons.
Center stand is pretty popular, though I don't have one.
Some of us have problems with the bars and get ISO grips and Rox Risers. I have the ISO grips and Pro Grip 714 and have been switching them out depending on where I ride.
I've left the ISO grips on for a month now...the Pro Grips are sitting on the shelf looking at me each time I walk by.
Seats and throttle locks are further down the line of add-ons.
And lastly, one member even switched out the saddle bags to top open.
You have to make it your own though. Feel free to ask if you can't find an answer to your questions. Plenty of us have opinions and some of us have actual answers(My self falling into both categories).

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Welcome @jggassert.
As Larry said... read the forum posts and ask questions. All of us have something to say about everything.
Did I actually print that? :eek:

I do recommend the tall shield, either Honda's or other aftermarket, if your bike comes with the shorty shield. I also recommend the rear carrier. You must have this part to add either the backrest or top case. I decided that's all I needed for factory options. Oh, I also replaced the stock rider pegs for Kuryakyn Swingwing pegs.

I did add a 12v socket in my right saddle bag adding the pins in the dummy plug for the factory option for the same. I preferred to be able to get to it while riding rather than having to remove the seat to get to it as it is with the factory option. Mine costs a lot less also :) And I added a few other electrical things (LED bar and extra horn (loud)).

Check my profile page for info on the pins used. Also, find many posts on Accessories and Electrical stuff in those respective sub-forums in this forum. :smiley-happy0034:

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

After a few rides with the shortie shield, I grabbed a Honda tall shield, and then got the rear rack and backrest for the wife. Also swapped out the stock grips for black Kuryakyn ISO's and throttle boss, which really help relax the throttle hand on longer rides. That's all I've done so far, though I'm considering a Power Commander V fuel manager, which I understand smooths out the jerkiness in throttle on-offs, but I haven't made up my mind on that yet. It's been over a year and I'm loving this bike more than any other I've owned. There isn't so much as a hint of an itch to look for anything else, which is itself quite noteworthy for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts