CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We like to ride our bikes on all the great routes throughout the U.S. but getting there is our problem. If you like to trailer your CTX1300 and your other bikes for what ever reason, the tie down straps are a pain to deal with with such a wide front end. I bought the Canyan Dancer bar harness last week and fell in love. They keep the straps from damaging the CTX paint job. Amazon.com: Canyon Dancer Bar-Harness Wide Black: Automotive

Reactions: Lighter

Registered
I know this is late, but I purchased one when I trailered my GL 1800 up north. The strap really makes the front end secured and is well worth the money.

Reactions: Lighter

Registered
Watch the handle bar weights. I broke them of while using the canyon dancer tie downs.

Bob
I took the bar end weights off. They said if they are larger than about an inch, they are susceptible to breaking.

The other option is to use the original version and not the one with the cups.

Registered
When i trucked my ctx from Portland Or to Sacramento i had the dealer show me how to strap the front end down. You run the strap up from the bottom of the fairing over the top of the front shocks and back down to your anchor point. The strap does not come close to your paint and very secure....-Rich

Registered
I kinda messed up my grip with my canyon dancer when I purchased my CTX in dallas and hauled it back to kansas in the back of my pickup, think I had cinched down too tight, so watch that anyway, I may try that under the faring if I have to again Redeye for a back up safety strap so I don't pull down so tight on the grips and take a chance ruining my new heated grips. Don't like hauling bikes at all but sometimes it has to be done. I have had this canyon dancer for about five years and has never been used till now, I had to borrow a friends to haul back a VFR that I had bought, thought they worked pretty cool so I got one.

Registered
When i trucked my ctx from Portland Or to Sacramento i had the dealer show me how to strap the front end down. You run the strap up from the bottom of the fairing over the top of the front shocks and back down to your anchor point. The strap does not come close to your paint and very secure....-Rich
That's sort of what I've always done. I never use the handlebars for tie downs. I know there are lots that do though. I have a 5x10 trailer and use a Baxley Sport Chock that's bolted to the trailer floor. Then I have an anchor on each side of the front wheel where I just loop a strap over ea side of the triple tree. I still strap it down up front even though the chock locks and you don't have to. They are fantastic. Plus, it removes quickly from the trailer and you can use it in the garage also.

Baxley Trailer Sport Chock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts