CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windshield is in very good condition.(Mfg Part Number 7005H)
$125 plus shipping - - or pickup. I'm located in the south suburbs of Chicago.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clear, light tint or dark? Does it have the vents? Thanks. Tony
It is tinted. I'm not sure whether it's the light or dark tint. It does have the vents. I bought the bike recently and the windshield was on it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interested. How much would shipping be to 95206? What shield are you using now?
I just went to the local UPS and Fedex offices to get a quote for shipping to 95206:
UPS: $101
FEDEX: $86
I brought the windscreen with and both said that the size of the box needed is mostly what runs the shipping cost up and also shipping from Illinois to California.
I'd be willing to split the Fedex shipping cost with you -- $43, so $168 total

I'm using the Honda OEM tall windscreen.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Why the Honda windscreen instead of the Puig? Just want to know what to expect with the Puig.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
548 Posts
If the part # is indeed 7005H, believe that is the light smoke tinted. Is what I run on mine. Jorg (BlueBarron) runs one in the dark tint. I am 6’1”, and it puts wind blast just about the bottom of my chin. Head is in clean air, for the most part. Honda tall puts wind blast at top of my helmet, and made for a lot of turbulence.

Edit - wind blast w/ stock shorty hits me just below chin. Puig hits me about the nose / face shield area. Honda tall hits top of helmet.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Revised price - price lowered

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'd be willing to split the Fedex shipping cost with you -- $43, so $168 total

I'm using the Honda OEM tall windscreen.
Thanks for taking the time to find shipping cost and your offer to split the shipping cost. I'm going to pass and hang onto my Givi windscreen.

·
Registered
548 Posts
JohnK - hope you didn’t take offense to me chiming in. Am not trying do dissuade anyone - in fact, quite the opposite. I am happier with the Puig than the OEM shorty or Honda tall. And I have all 3. It’s excellent at keeping wind off your chest, and leaving your head in the air with no buffet. And - it looks bada$$!!!!

Reactions: Stirling

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JohnK - hope you didn’t take offense to me chiming in. Am not trying do dissuade anyone - in fact, quite the opposite. I am happier with the Puig than the OEM shorty or Honda tall. And I have all 3. It’s excellent at keeping wind off your chest, and leaving your head in the air with no buffet. And - it looks bada$$!!!!
No offense taken. I appreciate the advice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for taking the time to find shipping cost and your offer to split the shipping cost. I'm going to pass and hang onto my Givi windscreen.
No problem t star. I needed to get some idea what it would cost to ship the windscreen. Your location seems to be about the farthest away from Illinois, hence most likely the highest possible cost.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
$125 shipping included

1 - 14 of 14 Posts