CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally [half] expecting to pick up my Red Deluxe tomorrow. Happy days are almost here again.

What would you advise me [and others] to check before signing to accept this new motorcycle? Different than buying a used motorcycle, where you look at the condition of the vehicle.

• Scratches and the dreaded left inner panel tab.
  • Handlebars adjusted correctly.
  • Owners manual.
  • Somewhere I read about adjusting the pedals or pegs, but I can't find it now.
  • Adjust brake lever.
  • Sound system works.
  • All LEDs works.
  • ?????
Thanks much.

·
Registered
413 Posts
That sounds like a good list. When I picked up mine I was too overwhelmed to take a very good look at anything.

Note that you won't be able to see the left inner panel tab itself; just check that the black corner near the storage compartment looks to be seated similarly on both sides of the bike. If it is you're good to go; if not ask them to take a look and make sure the panels are clicked together.

Try to get the handlebars adjusted not just for comfort but for mirror visibility. I got the bars to what felt comfortable in the dealer lot and then rode away with a big smile, only noticing a few miles down the road that I couldn't see anything in the mirrors. About an inch higher adjustment when I got home fixed it and still felt great.

Jeff

·
Registered
118 Posts
When I picked up my new CTX1300 last week the dealer had a delivery check list at we went over and then I signed that said I had been shown all the items on it.

Tony

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I picked up my new CTX1300 last week the dealer had a delivery check list at we went over and then I signed that said I had been shown all the items on it.

Tony
Tony,

Nice idea. Was that a Honda form, or did the dealer make it up?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I will check when I get home after the weekend.

Tony

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Check the undersides of the exhaust pipes and mufflers. My dealer last year said there were lots of reports of shipping damage on these bikes inside the crates. Mine has small dents on both pipes that you can't see unless you get down on the ground, along with a couple of other minor scratches elsewhere (and in fact I need to find out where they're at with replacement parts that they promised).

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
118 Posts
I checked and the check list was from the dealer.

Sorry for the delay!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts