CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the size range for the plastic push-pin fasteners (rivets) that retain the cowls? I can't find the range within the service manual. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
I would recommend ordering from Honda the actual part number for those. Or take one in to a parts store to compare with what they have. The part number can be found on most discount mc parts web site micro fische for this bike. Many here have used Bike Bandit or Cheap Cycle Parts (where I usually end up). They have OEM parts information. Honda parts departments should also have that info. Or I'm sure the dealer where I bought mine will be happy to help. Contact information is in my visitor messages for them. It's down a ways in the list since there have been other messages added there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bob - the parts I am looking for are 90683-MJN-A01 - 90116-SP0-003 - I will have to get them local - what those places want to ship just a few is obscene.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I bought Dorman 15/64" 1/4" nylon rivets part 47953BP from my local auto parts store. Sturdier and require a TORX bit [supplied] to unscrew and remove...easier than the popping maneuver.

·
Registered
446 Posts
EasternBeaver also has them and the physical part is identical to the one used on Yamahas (and probably other Japanese bikes as well) in a similar position. You can also find them on eBay.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys - I ran over to the Stealership - got a Be there in a few Be there in a few minutes , and ordered aftermarkets to keep around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts