CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a Pyramid brand front fender extension. Went on real easy but I removed the fender which makes it pretty easy. I used 3M brand auto trim two sided tape in addition to the three small pieces it comes with. The scary part is drilling holes for the four little plastic pop rivets that also came with it. Measure 4, 5 or 6 times before drilling. You can tell in the inside when the rivets are seated properly as shown in the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
After noticing in a lot of photos the radiator on the CTX 1300 and what debris was flying into it, I ordered the carbon fiber fender extender off Ebay for $34.00 shipped from Spain!

I used an epoxy glue with a 3,400 lb per sq. inch shear strength, and didn't drill the fender. I DID remove the fender, very easy and I wanted to make sure the bond was under pressure while it cured.

I would recommend for any CTX 1300 owner this modification. It is practical, cheap, and looks good on the bike.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for the tip!

After noticing in a lot of photos the radiator on the CTX 1300 and what debris was flying into it, I ordered the carbon fiber fender extender off Ebay for $34.00 shipped from Spain!

I used an epoxy glue with a 3,400 lb per sq. inch shear strength, and didn't drill the fender. I DID remove the fender, very easy and I wanted to make sure the bond was under pressure while it cured.

I would recommend for any CTX 1300 owner this modification. It is practical, cheap, and looks good on the bike.
Found the seller from Spain and also the $34.00 price with free shipping! Real carbon fiber? Can't go wrong with that price.

Ordered mine.

Aloha,
Huladog

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's been snowing here the last couple of days. As soon as weather breaks I'll get more pics outside from a distance.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I too fitted the Extenda Fenda,but did not need to drill any holes there was half a dozen pieces of 3M double sided tape already on it,and it fitted quite easy,although I do believe it could have been a bit longer.
The Spanish extender seems a bit better,by how much did it extend the fender?
Sun shining here in South West Cornwall might get out later.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Found the seller from Spain and also the $34.00 price with free shipping! Real carbon fiber? Can't go wrong with that price.

Ordered mine.

Aloha,
Huladog

Count me in on this as well!! for that price shipped can't go wrong!! Just ordered mine up to!!

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Bought it.

It's item number 281592029386. Jeez, I don't have that many commas on my keyboard! MSExcel wont even take that number in a spreadsheet!!

"I can't hold it together much longer, Captain. She gonna blow!"

·
Registered
21 Posts

Hi Miks, could you please share eBay link to the carbon fender extender from Spain?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the tip!

Ordered mine.

Aloha,
Huladog
Hello, could you please share eBay link to the carbon fender extender from Spain?

·
Registered
695 Posts
there is the common one used (not carbon fiber):
Front Fender Extender Pyramid Plastics Fenda Extenda

generic version:

this and MUCH more found in the knowledge sharing document: Knowledge and random stuff sharing

hint: search "addons / misc"

if you really want the carbon fiber look, maybe a universal fit might be a solution

too bad you missed this one:

this is an ended auction for what I believe the exact part mentioned earlier:

you might reach out to the seller to see if they still can source them, though doubtful as the CTX 1300 is not listed on the product page:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts