CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of availability from any source? I've checked Cox, R&G (coming soon for a while now) and others to no avail.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Ron,
I was inquiring likewise here and the only encouragement I got was for the Fenda Extenda, which isn't a guard, but does add a few inches to the front fender for protection.
I search again every few days on the net hoping to find something a bit more substantial.

Reactions: Mohr

·
Registered
446 Posts
(style and aesthetics apart) Any of the aftermarket shops that made guards for the like of Kawasaki Vulcan or Yamaha Royal Star Venture should have the means and the knowledge to do one for the CTX1300.

The difference/problem with the CTX is that there are no fasteners on the sides of the radiator AND you have to still allow for the plastic covers to fit with the guard in place.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
A mate of mine on a brand new BMW 1200 GS joined us on our last ride and copped a small stone chip to his radiator, it was irreparable so $1,200 later he now has a new radiator ..... now with a guard....!!! I was told about a company on the East Coast of Australia that do covers for the CTX1300 so I have ordered one to be fitted in time for our next ride heading out next Wednesday. Photos to follow once fitted. In the meantime here is the link. Honda CTX 1300 2014- 2016 Radiator Guard - Rad Guard Store

·
Registered
188 Posts
Rp007 keep us informed if you're satisfied with it and ease of install

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fits like a charm with only 1 bolt and 3 angle supports. Rubber lined to sit against the existing radiator. Took about 15mins to fit. Delivered within 24 hours. Pretty nice product.
Hi Rp007. I like like your guard polished look. Do you know what kind of alloy it's made from, is it rusty? Just wondering if it would be better to order a painted one to protect from rust. Thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have just ordered my Radguard. It is on the slow boat from Australia to the UK as we speak. Very expensive compared to the UK ones but no-one is making farkles here as they are so rare. Looks like a quality piece of kit and I can't wait to fit it. Ordered a carbon fibre fender extender yesterday too. Getting sorted. Lovely!

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
I did need to get a slightly longer bolt to mount mine... just be sure there were a few threads exposed on the other side of the mount. Don't remember the size though. There is only one bolt at the top and two metal tabs at the bottom to hold it on the radiator. Holds really well. It is a very well made item IMHO.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine installed with the original bolt, a little wiggle here, a slight push there- and done. Yes ,it is a little expensive but from day one i worried about the totally unprotected radiator- not anymore. Rad Guard offers a top quality , solid and well fitting radiator guard for a somewhat justifiable price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered a Radgard from the fellow in Australia. Took about two weeks to get it. He was excellent to deal with. The guard fit perfect and looks nice. I highly recommend doing business with him. He is like Menosabe, great products and great to do business with.

·
Registered
156 Posts
So I looked at my rad today - no dings yet and I'd like to keep it that way. I'm open to the guard but interested in a fender extension as an alternative to also protect against road tar etc.
Is there a good fender extension available these days?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just ordered mine in powder coated black. I used the VTX28 code and got $20 off the total. $154 delivered express. Cheers

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
@uparrow
HERE is one thread on the Fenda Extenda.

And HERE is a thread on the ST forum about a comparison between the Fenda Extenda and Stuff Stopper. But I wasn't able to find a vendor for the Stuff Stopper and don't know if it is available for the CTX1300.

As to using this instead of a radiator guard you will find extending the fender will not stop everything. It will reduce what hits the radiator but not eliminate it. I would suggest using both. If I were to choose between one or the other I choose the radiator guard to stop what the fender extender doesn't. I've seen the front of ST1300 bikes that have the fender extender and all have some road grime on the front of the engine as well as the very bottom of the radiator from what still gets past the extender from the front tire. Either side of the front tire is still exposed to what might be bouncing down the road from others in front of you.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Fitted the Radguard this afternoon. Nice piece of kit that was very well packaged. Took the middle panels off and took advantage by cleaning behind. Instructions were helpful. A simple fix. The only issue for me was the need to find a slightly longer threaded bolt. Luckily I had just the right one in my bolt stash. Looks good. Went for a 60 mile spin to celebrate. Felt better knowing the rad was protected. Now awaiting the carbon fibre fender extender. Loving this bike.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts