Registered
48 Posts
Wow! That looks great!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rollin'

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the longer bolt. It made the installation painless.

Reactions: Rollin'

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Installed mine today...well they should include a longer replacement bolt and it's NOT necessary to cut the rubber, I just moved it above the attachment so I can roll things back as they were before.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I can’t remember where I bought mine, but it is all stainless steel made in China and has CTX1300 logo in bottom lower corner laser cut out of frame. It has worked very well and I didn’t pay a lot for it. Someone here on the forum found them and installed one so I ordered one as well. I wanted to protect my radiator and this does it very well.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I bought the cheap foreign made guard. Then had it pwder coated black. I didn't like the brushed chrome look but with it black it looks and works just fine and much cheaper than the rad guard.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I also went the less expensive route but did not powder coat it, instead a few coats of black glossy spray paint and it has held up VERY well with 13 months and 16K miles on it.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Maded my own radiator guard out of Aluminum mesh screen, tie strapped it to cowl area. I may do something with industry 3M velco. It doesn't touch the radiator. This is just a test version, the edges are just covered with gorilla tape but it seems to work

Attachments

21 - 34 of 34 Posts