CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So wanted to get my charger on a switched connection. Didn't see a reason for anything in back so skipped get oem kit cigarette lighter style plug. Inspired by other posts went to cycle terminal for the parts. $5 minimum order so grabbed a holder plug part as well as pins and seals. Hopefully I got this correctly buying Male and Male. Please correct me if I am wrong Bob or others that have come before me.
Material property Jewellery Rectangle Metal Fashion accessory
Grey Font Rectangle Material property Graphics

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,772 Posts
You have the right pin sizes. Remove the black tape from the connector under the seat if not done already and test fit the shell you have to the mating half of the plug to make sure you have the right gender. I don't remember if I needed male or female but if the male shell you bought snaps onto the existing plug then you should be good to go.

Yes, the pins do have a specific direction to snap in place within the shell. On the closed side of each pin you'll see a very small tab that sticks out a little. This tab is what holds the pin into the shell. If you push the pin in the wrong way it simply doesn't stay when you pull on it. If you push the pin in the right way you should hear/feel a slight "click" as it snaps into place and it won't pull out with a light tug. Then you can slide the seals up into the shell after the pins are inserted.

When I did mine I looked into the existing plug to see what gender those pins were and used the other gender pins in the existing empty shell. Mine had a dummy shell with solid seals where the pins would go. That is the actual shell so I didn't have to buy that part. I just removed the seals and inserted the pins I bought with new seals and it worked great.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have the right pin sizes. Remove the black tape from the connector under the seat if not done already and test fit the shell you have to the mating half of the plug to make sure you have the right gender. I don't remember if I needed male or female but if the male shell you bought snaps onto the existing plug then you should be good to go.

Yes, the pins do have a specific direction to snap in place within the shell. On the closed side of each pin you'll see a very small tab that sticks out a little. This tab is what holds the pin into the shell. If you push the pin in the wrong way it simply doesn't stay when you pull on it. If you push the pin in the right way you should hear/feel a slight "click" as it snaps into place and it won't pull out with a light tug. Then you can slide the seals up into the shell after the pins are inserted.

When I did mine I looked into the existing plug to see what gender those pins were and used the other gender pins in the existing empty shell. Mine had a dummy shell with solid seals where the pins would go. That is the actual shell so I didn't have to buy that part. I just removed the seals and inserted the pins I bought with new seals and it worked great.
Thanks Bob I just bought the shell cause I had to spend $5

1 - 3 of 3 Posts