CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please send me a picture of the rear brake caliber installed I forgot were the big steel washer went....My back brake is sticking ever since i changed back tire please send a picture for ref.....thanks ridefasr99

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok after close examination i noticed that the brake caliber is slightly cocked to the right looking at it from the back wearing the pads on the top more....is there a adjustment to center up the caliber??? need help rotor getting hot on even the smallest 3 miles rides

·
Registered
314 Posts
The washer goes between the swingarm and caliper mount.
20201009_124322.jpg

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks thats how i have it ......but my rear brake caliber is slightly cocked to the right wearing the pads on top more and causing bad brake drag....is there a way to strighten the caliber AKA adjustment

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everthing was reassembled to book spec....dont get it pads are in there cradles perfectly.... carrier (aka) metal thing in place....and caliber seems to be cocked to the right ever slightly.....like a said is there a adjustmen to pull in back some???? very frustraing

·
Registered
314 Posts
Everthing was reassembled to book spec....dont get it pads are in there cradles perfectly.... carrier (aka) metal thing in place....and caliber seems to be cocked to the right ever slightly.....like a said is there a adjustmen to pull in back some???? very frustraing
No adjustment that I'm aware of. I'd disassemble it verify that the pads are installed correctly and go from there.

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Could one of the brake pistons be hung up causing constant contact? Or a piston seal come off and wedged between the piston & pad? Is it the entire brake caliper that looks cocked or the whole brake sub assembly or just the pads inside the caliper? BikeBandit.com has a pretty good exploded parts diagram as do other parts places. Take a look. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts