CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone install rear speakers in the saddle bags (picturing something flush mounted with the top, projecting sound straight up)?

I'm sure Honda fairing speakers are okay for a rider, but passenger might get skimped on and usually you can get a bigger speaker into the saddle bag and get a little more bass.

Just curious. Thanks!

·
Registered
764 Posts
I think the other folks on the road would prefer BlueTooth also. I've seen these saddle bag speakers on Harleys that were already loud enough to wake the dead. They remind me of the cars with big subwoofers that make a whump whump sound. Very annoying.

I worry about the speakers on my bikes. I try not to turn the music on when I'm in towns or other crowded areas. I doubt very many people would want to hear my music. I know I don't like to listen to theirs.

My Gold Wing and my Electra Glide had speakers in the back. I never carried a passenger and I always thought the music was too loud on the Gold Wing compared to the quiet engine. I only used the music a couple of times in the first week. Then I got an adapter that let me pipe the music into my Etymotic earplugs.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Don't really have an issue or desire for rear speakers since I ride solo 99.9% of the time. I also have been considering replacing my Scala Rider Q2 headset with a Sena SMH5-FM-02 unit so I can BT to the bike to listen. As mentioned, much easier and less pricy than adding external (waterproof) speakers of any quality to the rear.
I know the sound will be MUCH better than through any speaker on the bike. I have used the speakers a few times since my Q2 is too old to be compatible with the bike BT. I also have the auto mute turned on that turns the volume way down when slowed below about 9 mph. I didn't turn it up so far to be much of a bother otherwise. I still prefer my mp3 player directly connected to the Q2 or the FM radio in the Q2.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
There are BT headsets that may work for riding without a helmet.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :)

(I'm not used to dealing with riding without a helmet since I started riding back in 1979)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts