·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Red squared (1).JPG

Red squared (3).JPG

[Click on pic for full size.]

Bruceb and Willb from Sequim, WA.
Friends and members of the Outriders Motorcycle Club.

·
Registered
764 Posts
It's good to see two CTXs together in the wild. I've seen a photo from Down Under with multiple CTXs. I've seen three in a showroom in Tennessee. I've seen two in my garage most days. But I've never seen one other than mine on the road.

Wimpy: I'll be riding through Lenoir City sometime later this month. Maybe we could meet for lunch and take some photos of the bikes?

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Bruce,

Great pic guys. I got to ask about your matching windshields and additional laminar lip on the bikes. What are they? :350x700px-LL-66dd6d

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's good to see two CTXs together in the wild. I've seen a photo from Down Under with multiple CTXs. I've seen three in a showroom in Tennessee. I've seen two in my garage most days. But I've never seen one other than mine on the road.

Wimpy: I'll be riding through Lenoir City sometime later this month. Maybe we could meet for lunch and take some photos of the bikes?
Sounds like a winner on the meeting for lunch keep me posted. I will send you a PM with my ph#

·
Registered
23 Posts
nice pics.
My guess is @bruceb has the Honda tall shield with the MRA X-creen and @Will B has a Cee Bailey 16" with the MRA X-creen. Is that so?
Bob's right. Bruce added the X-creen to the Honda tall shield and I added the X-creen to the 16" tall Cee Bailey shield. I found the tall shield didn't quite work but the addition of the X-creen made quite a difference and I can ride with my face shield up if I want. The only problem is with the shield so tall, I'm looking through it more than I'd like and I may end up doing what Bruce did with his Honda shield.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I also noticed that the bike on the right has the vent in the screen like I had on my GL 1800 is that original?

·
Registered
764 Posts
That vent is an option on all of the taller Cee Bailey screens. I have that vent on my CTX1300 and I had one on my CTX700D.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My Honda tall screen has two vent holes low down. I've not looked into whether they sell a vent screen for it.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
They don't. The vents in the Honda screen are as they are. I think they do an excellent job of relieving the vacuum directly behind the screen that causes buffeting wrapping around behind and/or beside the rider. There is a very little bit of airflow from them behind the screen as there should be. Keeps the airflow very smooth IMO. Other screens I've been behind are not nearly as good as this one, some aftermarket screens included.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just looked at the pics again. Man we're good looking. Must be the red reflected in our ruddy cheeks.

Now don't start with the "cheeks" comments.
:mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shoulda known. From the master of cheeky hisself.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Must be the red reflected in our ruddy cheeks.

Now don't start with the "cheeks" comments.
:mad::mad:

Always admire someone who doesn't mind being the ongoing butt of a joke:)

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts