CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

my name is Felix, I'm 36 years old and I live in Hamburg, Germany.
I got my red CTX1300 delivered in January and had a hard time to wait for the first sunny day.
On the very first 30 min ride I hit a deer and wracked my new baby...
Luckily I didn't fell and just bruised my left foot but the bike got hit hard on the complete left side.
Its in the shop now.
7500EUR (8500USD) for repair and spare but its all on the insurance.
Did anyone ever needed a new saddlebag? Its 3500EUR (4000USD)... Unbelievable.
Thats my CTX story so far.
Can only get better.
I'm looking forward to share some nice riding experience with you guys.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Hi Felix,
Welcome....:mad::eek::350x700px-LL-66dd6d
Wow....The mascot is supposed to ride with you, not stand in front of you!!!!
I'm really sorry. I'd be in one of those tidy white jackets today if that happened to me....well, for a few hours....
Glad you are ok. Here in the states, that much damage will get you a new bike instead of a repair.
edit: I gotta ask....did you take any photos?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does not look that bad but all the expensive part got damaged.
Muffler, radiator, sale bag, side stand and some fairings

·
Registered
413 Posts
I can't believe a single saddlebag costs $4000.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I was so taken aback by that price quote that I looked up the parts list for the saddlebags -- it does add up to just over $4100 USD, but that is for all the parts involved in BOTH saddlebags. You shouldn't be paying nearly that much to replace just one.

Jeff

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also checked a US parts dealer website and the prices are almost doubled in Germany. Two pictures of my damaged bike are now in my gallery.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
@Felix, welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear about the crash and damage. I do hope you taught that forest rat a lesson it won't forget. Glad you are OK (other than the bruise). Scary about the cost of saddlebags these days but at least insurance will pay for it. When I crashed my ST1100 some years ago one saddlebag outer shell was included in the quote to be covered and just the outer shell without reflector, latches, hinges, etc (just the one piece of formed plastic) was OEM price at US$460. And that's on a discontinued old bike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts