CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to remove the "Inner panel", see attached photo from service manual, to get to the battery.

From the page the panel is held by two outer clips [1] and two snap fit clips [3].

I could easily remove the outer clips [1], see attached photo, but I don't know how to get the two snap fit clips to release.

Is there a trick or some recommended way to release the snap fit clips?

I ask since there are many on the forum that say they broke theirs during removal.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
From when I took those panels off, they just pull up, you might need to pull the side panel away from the inner panel a bit so that the tabs don't break, but other than that, they should just pull apart (they can be a bit tight though)

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
The more difficult one to deal with is the rear snap fit clip (tab). The pin on the panel that fits in these is fairly substantial and I have no worries about damaging those. It's that one tab the pin snaps into on the middle fairing. Gently lift the back corner of the panel and look under to see the snap fit clip (tab and pin). I use a flat blade screw driver or other better small pry bar if available to gently separate the panel pin from the middle fairing tab... lifting straight up. The other forward snap fit clip is easier, especially after you see how the other one is done, but still may need a bit of "help" to separate. The manual doesn't show it but there is also a tab that fits into a slot right next to the speaker at the front end of the panel. It's not really an issue but something to be mindful of since the panel will hold on there until it pulls out of that. I lift the panel up from the rear first and then back after the snap clips separate. Once you remove this panel once or twice it gets easier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts