CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a guy slide onto the highway beside me today then pushed me into the lane to my left. Good thing that lane was free 馃弽. Not the first time this happened. 馃槖
So I think a better / louder horn might be an advantage.
Has anyone used a car horn in place of the stock M/C horn?
Because the horn is hidden I was thinking it didn't need to be cosmetic, just functional.
comments?

thanks
Glen

Premium Member
The only thing I would worry about is the current draw. The horn switch and wiring might not be able to handle the higher amperage of a larger horn.
Use the horn wiring to trip a relay and run the power for the horn from the battery with an inline fuse for safety. Don't want to have a possible short on an unfused wire.
A pic of my Kawasaki Vulcanstein collecting dust. Two horns in the windshield, two more underneath. I definitely had to use a relay.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Premium Member
I installed a DENALI SOUND BOMB air horn and love it. It's a little pricey but not too bad if ya want people to hear you. For a few bucks extra you can order their wire harness with a relay that's pretty much plug and play into the original horn wiring. So it works properly from the horn button. It's small, maybe the thickness of a bagel and square like sandwich bread. Check em out online. People will hear you.

Premium Member
I installed a DENALI SOUND BOMB air horn and love it. It's a little pricey but not too bad if ya want people to hear you. For a few bucks extra you can order their wire harness with a relay that's pretty much plug and play into the original horn wiring. So it works properly from the horn button. It's small, maybe the thickness of a bagel and square like sandwich bread. Check em out online. People will hear you.
Bagel, sandwich? You're making me hungry.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments, yes, I can check current draw before installing. I looked at Denali and PIAA.
I was thinking a "too abrasive" horn would have a negative effect?
I will do some testing |:)
Glen

Registered
1 - 14 of 14 Posts