CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought as a new owner I would throw this out there... has anyone fitted or tried fitting a reverse gear to the CTX1300. Being a heavy bike and only 5'7 a reverse gear would make moving the bike a lot easier....

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yeah, there are times that I wished the bike had a reverse gear. But with the limited number sold, any modification would be one up.

Reactions: Steve11167

·
Super Moderator
5,444 Posts
Very pricey to do for a one up modification. Would have to rework the transmission. That's one of the major parts Honda wanted to avoid by taking an existing engine and transmission from the ST1300 line and doing VERY LITTLE change to bring all the torque and HP into the RPM range most riders run at most of the time. Many other parts are right off the ST1300 and are interchangeable with that bike.
Besides, they really didn't want to steal customers away from the new Gold Wing line where even not all of those have a reverse.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Every CTX1300 comes with a reverse gear built in. Whenever possible park the bike facing UPHILL. Just had to throw that out there. I learned that when I had a 83 GL1100 GoldWing. I spoiled myself when I got my 93 GL1500 but wrecked it. So I had to go back to that old rule of thumb when I bought the CTX. Ride Safe.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
When we rode two up on my GL1500, I backed out of spaces solo before inviting my spousal unit to climb up onto the Queen Seat.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm only 5'6" with a 27 " inseam. I've ridden tall, heavy bikes for years. You learn to get used to it, and only park where you won't have to push uphill. When you do have to push it backwards, I've found it's easier to stand next to the bike and put your bum against the side case with your hands on the hand grips. Use your rear end to push the bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thought as a new owner I would throw this out there... has anyone fitted or tried fitting a reverse gear to the CTX1300. Being a heavy bike and only 5'7 a reverse gear would make moving the bike a lot easier....
Bought my bike as soon as they became available because I’m a fan of the ST1300 and the GoldWing too heavy for me. Anyway I too would like a reverse gear and would pay up to $2K for the privilege even though I I always park appropriately :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts