CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...in blue.

Ordered mine today in blue. Luggage rack, touring shield, heated grips.:smiley-happy0034:

Dealer seemed to think there was some urgency ordering the color as Honda overstock is shrinking, no doubt due to the rebate program. Fortunately they're a reasonably high volume dealer so they should be able to grab one.

Now what I need from all of you are incantations and burnt incense that the ice pack in my driveway vanishes before I need to bring it home in a week or so:eek:

Reactions: Danny Boy and bob

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Congrats, Springer!
Hopefully warm weather will show up before your ride home. If springtime doesn't show up soon they will find me in my shed, frozen to my motorcycle. :)

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Now what I need from all of you are incantations and burnt incense that the ice pack in my driveway vanishes before I need to bring it home in a week or so:eek:
Cabin fever and itching to ride. Hey, you could actually post a few snow pics with the bike before the incantations.
Alrighty then, let's see what we can do:

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Uh oh, now you did it. We'll have one more ice storm before it's all done!

(we did here from midnight to lunch time today, and colder temps from lunch until Friday, and it's headed south east)

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Winter Storm Thor is coming in tomorrow here, and he won't leave until we are coated in a fine sheath of icy motorcycle-less-ness. :(

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Yeah... Thor is here now. I'm sick of winter! :mad:
This has certainly been a winter to forget. We've been getting blasted with at least two measurable snowfalls a week since early January, and almost always followed by a frigid spell, so this stuff is not melting at all. Today was the first day it was in the 40's in over two months, following snow and rain last night, and more snow coming tonight. There's more snow piled on the ground now than I ever remember, because it hasn't been melting. There's about a 2" layer of packed snow and ice on my driveway that might still be here in June at the rate we're going. And I have a bike in the garage that, for the first time in several years, I really, really want to be riding.

Oh yeah, and I absolutely despise this new Weather Channel idiocy of naming winter storms. Just tell me when it's going to snow and how much, and stop this cutesy naming winter storms crap. In fact just stop this winter storm crap altogether. Enough already. :mad:

Yes, the nerves are frayed.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Another reason I don't bother with the weather channel. Only NWS for me please. Besides, most weather stations around here just copy and paste from NWS anyway so I just go to the source.

·
Registered
105 Posts
...in blue.

Ordered mine today in blue. Luggage rack, touring shield, heated grips.:smiley-happy0034:

Dealer seemed to think there was some urgency ordering the color as Honda overstock is shrinking, no doubt due to the rebate program. Fortunately they're a reasonably high volume dealer so they should be able to grab one.

Congratulations....I don't know where "Hither and Yon" is but if it's close to me that urgent thaw doesn't look too likely.....!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah... Thor is here now. I'm sick of winter! :mad:
That puts me in mind of a story--purportedly factual:rolleyes:--told to me early in my Navy years.

It relates to a Viking maiden who was crawling along the floor, trying to exit the Norse Great Hall after a night of wassail.

She found her way blocked by a tall Norseman carrying a hammer.

"Who are you?" she asked wearily.
"I'm Thor" came his reply
She said "Look buddy, I don't know who you are, but I just spent the night with the entire crew from a long ship! You might think you're thore, but believe me, I've got you beat! Now let me pass!

And he stepped aside...

I'm sure the anecdote is accurate:wink:

Reactions: shane

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
This has certainly been a winter to forget.

Oh yeah, and I absolutely despise this new Weather Channel idiocy of naming winter storms. Just tell me when it's going to snow and how much, and stop this cutesy naming winter storms crap. In fact just stop this winter storm crap altogether. Enough already. :mad:

Yes, the nerves are frayed.
Now there's two sentiments that I can get behind! :)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Huh, everyone complains about the weather. It was 74 here today, 66 now, and I got sunburned. Only supposed to be 60 and sunny again this Saturday. I never even get to use my battery tender. I have to ride often and then some of my northern friends say ride some for them. What's a guy supposed to do? Living in mild climate isn't all it's made out to be either.......

ok, maybe it is!!!!:smileygarden_de_ban

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Huh, everyone complains about the weather. It was 74 here today, 66 now, and I got sunburned. Only supposed to be 60 and sunny again this Saturday. I never even get to use my battery tender. I have to ride often and then some of my northern friends say ride some for them. What's a guy supposed to do? Living in mild climate isn't all it's made out to be either.......

ok, maybe it is!!!!:smileygarden_de_ban
Don't think we won't come hunt you down!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts