CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday I took the CTX over to Rich's Custom Motorcycle Seats in Kingston, WA. I was tired of riding without back support and wanted the seat to fit my boney behind a little better. Rich and his crew took my seat apart and added new foam and custom formed it to my butt.

I took a test ride with just the foam so I could check how it felt during actual riding conditions. When I took it back in I pointed out where I had a few concerns and they removed a little foam here and there until I was satisfied with the contours. They then routed out a half inch deep pocket for their gel pad, covered that with a thin layer of foam to smooth out the entire surface and custom made a leather cover.

They say there's a break in period of about 1000 miles and after that it ought to be pretty much fitting my exact posterior contours. I've included a few pics of the finished seat and I think it looks good. They even used Maroon thread to pick up the color of the bike.

The whole process took the better part of a day and wasn't cheap. The basic solo seat was $600 and the back rest was another $300.

Attachments

Reactions: willajabir

·
Registered
437 Posts
Seems to be nice work.

I do have to wonder with that close, black form-fitting cushion, whether it will prove the Mother-of-all-monkeybutt generators?

I'm hoping I can adapt my Alaska Leathers sheepskin buttpad to the OEM seat to provide a little ventilation for those hot days on the Great Plains.

Good luck with the seat and ride safe!:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
NICE!

I used to buy Corbin saddles, they told me that it took 500 - 1,000 miles to get it broke in...seemed to be about right.

No matter what, a bike seat is still going to have you squirming around after 300 + miles...but that is why we do it :) Adventure is...discomfort recounted at leisure!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts