CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a overnight trip with the wife to travelers rest, sc. I rode my favorite route up through mentone, al, around the ocoee river and the Nantahala river area then went through Suches, Ga and Highlands, Nc for the first time. Very nice area if your haven't been. Then found this nice stop with a waterfall by mistake in balsam grove nc. A must see.
then again I didn't get to do the foothills parkway.... but I will.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You beat the rain and those photo look great, thank you for sharing! I'm down in Atlanta and have been trying to get the Missus to hop on for a run up but I don't think she is brave enough for the twisties getting up to Highlands. (But I love that area!) Maybe she will agree to the Cherohala Skyway??

·
Registered
59 Posts
You beat the rain and those photo look great, thank you for sharing! I'm down in Atlanta and have been trying to get the Missus to hop on for a run up but I don't think she is brave enough for the twisties getting up to Highlands. (But I love that area!) Maybe she will agree to the Cherohala Skyway??
I've been in and out of Highlands 3 ways, up from Franklin on 64 seems like the tightest, 64 towards Cashiers not as bad, 28 has a tight spot but overall not too bad. Take her up and let her walk around, go to a couple of the nicer restaurants and she'll be hooked. And if she won't ride the bike camping Van Hook is a great way to stay overnight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts