CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading the threads, but can't see some of the pics. So I joined. I'm not an owner....yet. Have a list of 28 bikes I've owned from mopeds to Goldwings.
Currently (since July) I have a V-Star 950 tourer. I prefer the Honda. I stray a bit sometimes because of the stealership. So, I decided to do most of my own work and for the past two years since retiring, I haven't owned a bike longer than 6 months. I was looking for a good cruiser with a shaft drive. Will read some more and then search out a dealer for a test ride. This looks like the answer to my quest, but it is the first year. Based on this forums posts, I'm highly encouraged.
I'll probably pester some of you a bit with my quirky humor.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

True it's just the first year for the CTX1300, but the really important parts have been battle-tested on the ST1300 for 11 years. There are a few isolated issues here and there with some of the bodywork not seating correctly or breaking fastener tabs (no doubt due to their newness); but overall the machine is pretty bomb-proof. Hope you get out for a test ride soon. In the mean time, feel free to ask any questions you might have. ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
welcome to the forum!
Pester away! we all know how to laugh at a good bit of humor :D
And someone here might even have an answer to the questions! :)
As Ed stated above... all the important bits on this bike have been well tested in the ST.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I bit the bullet. Local dealer had a sale for the Deluxe $13899 before tax/prep.
He didn't have the Deluxe in when I drove up. He ordered one and said the price would be a little higher. Not my fault I said. Ok, got the original deal. Ordered tall shield and luggage rack. Got the extended warranty because it included towing and free tire replacement as long as they are above the wear bars. I ordered BLACK.
The standard model on the floor had the left panel up and sure enough, had a broken tab.
Told the salesman to check it as soon as they took it out of the crate for the broken tab.
Forums are great!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts