CTX 1300 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Rox problem

I installed a set of Rox risers and they make a great improvement but I can not get them to stay tight in the stock risers. I have them as tight as I can get them and with a little effort they slide lowering my handlebars. Was on a long ride today and at my hands my bars lowered almost 2 inches by the end of my ride. Checked to see if maybe the bolts came loose but they were still tight. I bought the 2" risers for 1 1/8" bars model 1R-P2PPK. Any suggestions?
Installed my risers and have had zero issues with them . Tried 2 or 3 different positions and they always tightened up.

Do as Paul said and return them .

·
Registered
56 Posts
Check the stock clamp as sometimes on modern bikes just like on the bottom front fork clamps/ handlebars on old Honda's / Jap bikes you need to tighten up by hand first, then tighten the back or front bolts first according to where the tiny arrows on the clamp/ base is.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought the standard risers quite a while ago. @Stlburd2 and I discussed the installation and decided to wait until my schedule lightened up to do the install. I did my first try several days ago but could not get them to completely tighten like others have mentioned. I was going to use electrical tape but after reading these posts went for the aluminum can trick. Boy, was I glad I did that.
I’m going to have the dealer flush the brake fluid soon and will have them reroute the right line under the triple tree.
Thanks all for your great advice.
Dan

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
The tightening problem is why I have set sitting in the garage. I tried and was uncomfortable with not being able to tighten them so the bars stayed put. Anyone wants them pay the shipping. I need to find where I put them first.

·
Registered
469 Posts
PM sent ...

·
Registered
349 Posts
I just used bearing locktite. End of problem. Anyone who has used bearing locktite knows why!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts