CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
111 Posts
I like Russell seats. Had three of them on three different bikes and if I were to get a custom seat, it would be a Russel. I don't think I'll need one on this bike.
One bit of advise, all of Russel's raised the seat so it was a longer stretch to the pavement. If this could be a concern for you, be sure to discuss it with them so you won't be surprised and disapointed

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for that info. I am calling them in the morning when I get off duty. I also need them to move the rider position forward about 2 inches and make the passenger pillion a REAL seat for wife to use,,

· Registered
313 Posts
I ordered mine with all the long distance riding goodies

Kniterider,

You were the pioneer with the Utopia back rest - and it seemed from your posts that you really liked it. So I got to ask, why the change?

I really need a back rest, but was not thrilled with the look of the Utopia. I had never heard of Russel before, but I have been to the website and their stuff looks really good - and they seem serious about making a comfortable seat! There are no pictures of a CTX1300, but I assume that your seat will look similar to the ones on the ST1300.

Are you willing to share the details of your order (color, material, pattern, cost...)? They seem to need a lot of info on you - including pictures of you on the bike - did you have to give them all this stuff? And what did you mean by "all the long distance riding goodies"?

Of course I am anxiously awaiting your pictures and review. I ask all these questions because I am always a bit nervous about buying after market accessories for my bike, specially stuff that is as expensive as I am sure this seat is so I really look to you "pioneers" to help guide us "Nervous Nellys".

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kniterider,

You were the pioneer with the Utopia back rest - and it seemed from your posts that you really liked it. So I got to ask, why the change?

I really need a back rest, but was not thrilled with the look of the Utopia. I had never heard of Russel before, but I have been to the website and their stuff looks really good - and they seem serious about making a comfortable seat! There are no pictures of a CTX1300, but I assume that your seat will look similar to the ones on the ST1300.

Are you willing to share the details of your order (color, material, pattern, cost...)? They seem to need a lot of info on you - including pictures of you on the bike - did you have to give them all this stuff? And what did you mean by "all the long distance riding goodies"?

Of course I am anxiously awaiting your pictures and review. I ask all these questions because I am always a bit nervous about buying after market accessories for my bike, specially stuff that is as expensive as I am sure this seat is so I really look to you "pioneers" to help guide us "Nervous Nellys".
I still like the utopia as an aftermarket,, best I have found for being adjustable easily removable, and not interfere with passengers legs.

BUT the stock seat is a killer for my type of riding,, I am still recovering from open sores caused by the seat on my usa 4 corners ride back end of August. I realize not many will do 5 back to back 1000+ days But I do that routinely on at least one trip every year. I had to buy one of those inflatable air ride cushions to finish the ride.. I know Russel day longs,, You get what you pay for and these people go out of their way to get it right for you THEY don't want an unsatisfied customer. Plus after telling my complaints about the CTX and the fact that it has a croth rocket passenger style seat They will make it a SADDLE in the back too. Got the options heat front and rear new sunbrella covering. with their matching back rest. They will move the "pocket closer to the handlebars by about an inch and a half so I don't have to reach for the bars continuously. gives momma more room, As soon as i get it done i will post pics and anyone who wants to feel how good this bike can be on a LONG ride is more than wlecome to try mine. anytime

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
... As soon as i get it done i will post pics and anyone who wants to feel how good this bike can be on a LONG ride is more than wlecome to try mine. anytime
Since you put it that way, after you post pics go ahead and send it on up to me to try it out. I promise I'll return it in new condition... after a month or two :D

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Since you put it that way, after you post pics go ahead and send it on up to me to try it out. I promise I'll return it in new condition... after a month or two :D
Just got my production date 12-31-14 I should have it back by mid january. So I may test it out to daytona bike week by way of the dragon. Meet me and I will let you ride it down,, providing we are all dug out from all the snow that they are predicting this winter.. It may be July 4th before some of us see deiced pavement

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
Would love to do that... just for the ride down to Daytona Bike Week alone. But, alas, I have no vacation days to spare for that kind of trip. That's why I was suggesting you send it to me :D
(just kidding of course)
I am lucky to eek out a couple of days now and again for a weekend moto camping trip and the 2 mandatory family trips a year. The work schedule is getting worse every year too. I'll be working the early morning as well as early evening Thursday and into Friday daytime sometime this coming Thanksgiving holiday. So barely enough time to gobble down some turkey (he he) and get a nap after being stuffed and then back to work. Won't even get to watch a whole football game. They haven't come up with what is going to take up my Christmas holiday yet. :(

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will be working day shift (10 hours) thanksgiving and black friday,, But then my family has had 38 years to get used to me working most holidays.. But I always take the time and half comp leave instead of the money so I don't have to touch my annual leave next year i will be on midnights for Christmas eve , Christmas, and new years eve

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.