CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use a Russell seat and do you like it ? I had my seat Spencerized it's better than stock but I need something better.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I don't have a Russell Daylong but I do hear how incredibly comfortable they are. I do have a Corbin on both my bikes. And they are very comfortable. I can ride 14 hours in the saddle without any soreness or cramping. Can't say the same for the stock seat.

Reactions: Duff

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Yes, I had a Russel on my Yamaha Royal Star and loved it. When I got the CTX it only took 500 miles for me to place an order for a Daylong for the CTX. When I ride with a group they don't like me to lead since I don't stop as often as they would like.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the reply. Mosby did you have the whole seat done or just the front? I have the Givi rack and top case so the rear can't be more than about fourteen inches wide.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Duff, no matter which seat you decide to go with, make sure you get the back pad! It makes the miles go by without pain or soreness.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've always heard good things about RDL seats. I've only ridden a couple of bikes so equipped (GL 1800's). Personally I didn't care for it. In fact I disliked it so much I didn't buy the bike. It worked out though as my continued search led me to the CTX 1300.
I get that lots of folks love them. But with my short inseam and overall build the seat was too high and wide. It totally wrecked the ergo's for me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a russell day long - I got it on ebay right after I got the ctx....I have never, ever, sat on a more comfortable seat. I love corbins and have always had them - but I stumbled onto this one RDL and bought it. I have the same issue as Mosby's Ride - no one wants me to lead because I'll ride right through a tank. I always used to be the first one asking to stop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts