CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a way/idea on how to remove shoe scuff marks from the top of the saddlebags (Black plastic top)? I now do not hit them when saddling up but at first I did and would like to buff out/whatever it takes to remove the scuffs.

Thank you.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Saddle bag scuffs

Does anyone have a way/idea on how to remove shoe scuff marks from the top of the saddlebags (Black plastic top)? I now do not hit them when saddling up but at first I did and would like to buff out/whatever it takes to remove the scuffs.

Thank you.
I have used WD40.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mothers "Back to Black" may work.......or IPONE Clean N Polish (comes in a spray can).........

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well...I can't offer you advice on how to remove scuffs (perhaps ask the detail guy at your local MC shop how he does it). I can help you to not make more scuffs.
Rather than swing your leg over the bike...step "through" the seat from left to right (don't kick the seat in the process).

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Wear socks over your boots. Not only will you avoid scuffs, but you will eventually rub off those marks.

You're welcome.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hondaline cleaner wax. Best sh_t ever. :smiley-happy0034:

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Yeah... It's good for the painted areas, but not so good for the black areas of the saddle bags I don't think. I used a little on mine and it left some white residue on mine. I really like the Lucas Slick Mist myself. I can use it on pretty much everything. :)

Hondaline cleaner wax. Best sh_t ever. :smiley-happy0034:

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Used some mothers back to black on black parts of saddle bags tonight and I have to say it's really good stuff. I would recommend it. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well...I can't offer you advice on how to remove scuffs (perhaps ask the detail guy at your local MC shop how he does it). I can help you to not make more scuffs.
Rather than swing your leg over the bike...step "through" the seat from left to right (don't kick the seat in the process).
Funny cuz I have started doing that anyway due to the Corbin backrest they gave me with the seat, a bit high to swing the leg over now! LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts