CTX 1300 Forum banner
321 - 340 of 377 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
I make the saddlebag guards and forward peg adapters year round. Please contact me at [email protected]

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hey,I hear you, I had mine on for over a year when I didn’t get the side stand all the way down and over she went in the garage. The guards and the forward mounts for the foot pegs saved the day!

Reactions: Stlburd2 and Abuayd

·
Registered
329 Posts
Two weekends ago, actually. Came to a Y on rural road where both roads were gravel. I stopped to run around but stepped on gravel and went down fast. Bruised ego and scratched case. Other picture is my Menosabe guards which I received 4 days earlier but had not yet installed. Good idea, bad execution. Don't be me, get those guards on before you get damage.

My guards came in without the bolts or spacers... I have written Charlie 3 times to inquire about them with no reply. Anyone have the specifics on them and I will see if I can procure them locally.

The bolts are 4 x 75mm and 2 x 60mm long I believe but what size? M10x1 ???

No clue on what the spacers look like or where to begin to source them... :350x700px-LL-66dd6d

I am riding regularly and would like to put on my crash bars because you never know what's out there...

:ty:

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,809 Posts
My guards came in without the bolts or spacers... I have written Charlie 3 times to inquire about them with no reply. Anyone have the specifics on them and I will see if I can procure them locally.

The bolts are 4 x 75mm and 2 x 60mm long I believe but what size? M10x1 ???

No clue on what the spacers look like or where to begin to source them... :350x700px-LL-66dd6d

I am riding regularly and would like to put on my crash bars because you never know what's out there...

:ty:
Moved your post to the Saddlebag Guard thread where it may get better traction. See post 321 above for Charlie's personal email address. Did you contact him through that? If not you may have better results doing so.

Remember, he does these on his own personal time using his own personal supplies so sometimes he misses something... but not very often. We are all NOT perfect.

·
Registered
329 Posts
"Remember, he does these on his own personal time using his own personal supplies so sometimes he misses something... but not very often. We are all NOT perfect."

Totally agree. That is why I give people the benefit of the doubt and emailed him 3 times before I posted for help/information here.

All the parts required to install the items were not in the box. I am not 100% sure what was included in the "kit" and that is why I am not complaining and willing to source the rest. Although I don't have the specs on "the rest" so it complicates finding it a bit.

So the question to the group still stands, anyone have the specs on the bolts and spacers? If I can pick them up locally or order them online all of this will be a non-issue.

Thank you in advance,

Troy

·
Registered
329 Posts
It was a week later but Charlie sent me the bolts and spacers.

His work is top notch and well worth the money.

His communication is a bit slow but worth the wait.

Thanks again Charlie

Sent from my ASUS_Z01GD using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Menosabe,

I am a new member to the forum. Just purchased a 2014 CTX 1300 and would like to purchase a set of your crash guards. Please contact me.Thank you.

Tom Loftus older than dirt
Phone 910 409 1404
[email protected]
For a possibly quicker reply from Charlie you may consider send him an email directly on his personal email address. See post 317 in this very same thread just a few pages back from here (just because it was already posted there and I have a personal policy of not publicly posting another members personal email address online for security and privacy reasons).

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Hello I need to order a set of guards, how can I do it, thank you in advance
As I just mentioned in the post before yours, Sending him a PM or emailing him directly is the best way to get details from him on ordering these.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Bigred
Likely best for you to email Charlie directly at his email address shown in post 338 just above yours.

321 - 340 of 377 Posts