CTX 1300 Forum banner
341 - 360 of 377 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
I just put in my order for the guards and light/foot peg brackets. Looking forward to getting them installed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was able to get a ride in yesterday as the weather climbed to 11C.
Just over 2 hours on the Niagara Parkway.
The inevitable happened, came to a stop in a parking lot and dropped the bike.
There was a lateral incline that I didn’t see and DOWN IT WENT.
Thanks to Menosabe guards and highway peg mounts, nothing was damaged.
No damage except my pride.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Good to hear (about the effectiveness of the guards) not the dropping the bike part. I’m sure mine will find itself on its side one of these days. Scratch free so far. I’d like to keep it that way.
How difficult was it to get back upright?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stlburd2 and bob

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was lucky, a fellow stop and asked if he could help me.
It wasn’t easy but we both got it upright and ready to go.

Reactions: Stlburd2 and MoPops

·
Registered
811 Posts
Great news, I’m glad you bought the guards before the incident instead of after. Mine went over in the garage due to me not fully extending the side stand. It took the wife and I to get it back up on her feet. The guards saved my bike as well.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,809 Posts
The best way to contact is to send Charlie an email directly here: [email protected]

Look in the early posts of this thread to find many photos of them installed. The earlier photos are of the first version that is no longer made but there are later photos of the second version that many have installed. The second version are redesigned to allow more comfortable footing for a passenger. You can also do a forum search (search box in upper right of every forum page) on Saddlebag Guards and find some posts that include photos.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Here is a video of them in action

I was lucky enough to get a pair from Charlie about a year ago.
My wife decided to sit on my bike and she dropped it. The guards saved the day.

Charlie hand makes them and it takes some time, but its totally worth it.
They go on really easily and are super solid.

It is much easier to put these on than to change the air filter, that's for true

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Saddle bag guard

Charlie I think. AKA Menosabe on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Charlie would be the man. Member on this forum and specially makes those on his own time with his own materials at home for the CTX1300. His wife rides this bike. Check the sticky threads in the Technical section of the forums here... specifically the Appearance & Body sub-forum

In fact, I'll be merging this thread at the end of that one just for continuity.

Welcome @Lewis_dw and @LilRed to the forum.

LOTS of information and details and how to stuff available in the history of threads and posts. Use the search box in the upper right (there are 2 of them there) to find almost anything you could possibly want to know about the CTX1300 in this forum. In the last 6 years it is likely to have been talked about and discussed in more than one thread.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got my saddlebag guards from Charlie aka menosable. The workmanship is absolutely fabulous. Well worth recommending!
Since Charlie is making them in his own time, it may take a while to get a response and the guards. But it's worth it!

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Probably been mentioned, but the saddle bag guards make great grip point to get your bike up on the center stand.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Since this is a stickied post, the latest part design picture, latest pricing and contact information should be posted to the first post. That would save everyone, including Charlie lots of time. After sifting thru 358 posts i am interested in purchasing a set of these but do not know pricing since it is not posted anywhere.

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Since this is a stickied post, the latest part design picture, latest pricing and contact information should be posted to the first post. That would save everyone, including Charlie lots of time. After sifting thru 358 posts i am interested in purchasing a set of these but do not know pricing since it is not posted anywhere.
Best plan of action to get current pricing is to email Charlie directly. His email is in several posts, some of which are just before this one.

If he wants me to change the first post he should send me a PM with the detail/content he wants changed or added.

341 - 360 of 377 Posts