CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The saddlebag guards I bought from Charlie just came in the mail and I have to say I'm impressed.

Everything was packed like he was protecting a precious artifact, the fabrication work was excellent, the fit & function are spot-on and it literally took less than 15 minutes to install them.

Rather than get my comments lost in the 24 page Saddlebag Guard Thread, I wanted to post here on the General Discussion Forum so that more folks would see them.

Job Well Done! :smiley-happy0034::smiley-happy0034::smiley-happy0034:

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
The saddlebag guards I bought from Charlie just came in the mail and I have to say I'm impressed.

Everything was packed like he was protecting a precious artifact, the fabrication work was excellent, the fit & function are spot-on and it literally took less than 15 minutes to install them.

Rather than get my comments lost in the 24 page Saddlebag Guard Thread, I wanted to post here on the General Discussion Forum so that more folks would see them.

Job Well Done! :smiley-happy0034::smiley-happy0034::smiley-happy0034:
LMK How you make out with that GIVI sheild you bought also.
I was 1/2 tempted to buy it as well but without any holes in the sheild I think it creates a sorta vacuem behind it. I'm looking for 1 with the vents made in it.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LMK How you make out with that GIVI sheild you bought also.
I was 1/2 tempted to buy it as well but without any holes in the sheild I think it creates a sorta vacuem behind it. I'm looking for 1 with the vents made in it.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
The windshield won't be here until tomorrow. I plan to install it prior to my 3 day ride that starts Friday morning. I'll report back upon my return.

If it causes too much buffeting, I plan to modify it using aircraft "snap vents". These were used in the late '70s and ealy '80s on Windjammer fairings. Back then most folks thought it was just an air conditioner vent, when in reality it was breaking up the negative pressure behind the windshield, reducing buffeting. I ran a Windjammer on BMWs , Hondas, Kawasakis & Yamahas back in the day, without a hint of buffeting or the vacuum that can literally suck things out of your pockets.

Attachments

·
Registered
833 Posts
Charlie is Da Man!!!!!!!!!! I've got his spill bars and peg/light brackets, just waiting for the next product from "Menosabe Engineering"!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I ordered mine from Charlie and they arrived today. I must say - they look like they were made in a factory! Sturdy, great looking, well machined. GREAT stuff! And the packing job was superb! They were packed with better care than some camera lenses I have bought. You'd think there was fragile glass in there!

I am anxious to install them and will post a photo when I get it done. Thanks Charlie! And that video will be a godsend when I go to put them on. Well filmed. You are a craftsman!

Richmonder

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
15 Posts
I too have just recently received the guards and installed them. Installation was a snap and the quality was outstanding. Thanks for people like Charlie.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just received mine this week. Really impressed with fit and finish. Very Easy to install. 30 minutes max for most anyone with two allen wrench’s an open end and a socket. Thank you Charlie.

·
Super Moderator
5,470 Posts
Where did u get these and what are the cost.
Welcome to the forum @Jpugh
Check out the Body & Appearance subforum sticky threads for more information on many of these kinds of farkles. @menosabe is the maker of these and is a member on this forum. He makes them on his own time using his own materials. See this thread for more info.
Saddlebag Guard
Click on his member name to go to his profile page and then click on "About" to find his direct email address to ask more information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@Jpugh I purchased these from @menosabe. He also has brackets for running lights or highway pegs. Like the other members mentioned, just send him a message or email for details. He is very responsive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts