CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride last week and noticed as the bike was sitting in the garage that the left lock in the bag was gone! It fell out, the only thing left was a couple of the bottom brackets that secure it to the saddlebag! Wonder if anyone has had any problems with the lock sets falling out??

Honda is replacing all saddlebag locks and ignition lock with a new matched set thankfully. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Now that's a new one. Never heard of that on any bike I've known, until now. The lock sets on mine show no looseness that might allow them to come out at all. Good on Honda for replacing! Too bad you couldn't get them keyed to your old key sets and end up with a few extra keys. :)

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Yikes, looks like I will be checking my locks today when I give my bike a spit-shine! Thanks for the heads-up, 14CTX!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had that problem too. Lucky for me all the washers and lock clip that hold the lock in place were sitting on the top of the bag under the latch.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I had a number of things loose when I got the bike. Just blamed it on the dealer for not making sure everything was tight. Luckily I didn't loose anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts