CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi - I am thinking of purchasing a CTX1300 in the next few days - I currently ride the ST1300. Honda is currently discounting 2014 bikes in Canada by $3000 and some dealers are making it $4000.
It seems they are not selling and dealers are getting desperate to get rid of them.
Is there anything like this going on in the US ? It's making me a bit nervous.
thanks
James

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I think CTX1300 original price was the problem. When I started looking to upgrade my CTX700, I saw the CTX1300 priced at $17.5K and at the same time a new 2015 FJR1300 was $15.5K (which in my opinion is a superior machine for the money). Then by chance I discovered a local dealer was offering a new red CTX1300 Deluxe at $10.5K, so the decision was easy for me.
The same dealer had also a black and blue models which were sold pretty quickly but they were listed at $14.5K which IMO is still too close to the FJR price.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
There are a number of models that are being discounted to clear inventory. Honda does this sometimes, as do other brands. Sometimes the discount is more, sometimes less. The price on the CTX1300 is very good now so I would say it's a very good time to buy.

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Follow along on this forum and you'll see that riders are buying. And remember that we don't necessarily represent all the buyers.

Reactions: bob and psullam

·
Registered
143 Posts
HONDA has a GREAT bike here, but was the market ready for the bike? I get comments on my CTX 1300 from "what a futuristic looking bike" to WOW, the thing looks fast! So what is it? A bagger that beats ANY Harley Street Glide for performance and handling, or a just another bagger want to be?

For the discount pricing, the bike is an absolute BARGAIN! It's INSANE for some of these dealers, because when you compare the alternatives, forget it, this is the bike that has the best BANG FOR THE BUCK! Look around, and you can't find the bike that has the hard bags and shaft drive for the price!

For the discount available....IT IS A NO BRAINER..GET IT?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I paid 12.5 k mine, which included 1 k of options, and I would buy it again in a heartbeat. The discount is a sale price just too good to be true. I am surprised the bikes don't sell out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks very much. Good to know. Now all i need to do is decide between "new and used". see new thread on this topic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts