CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have an mp3 player plugged into my bike for music. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to hook up a Sirius satellite radio? I had one on my last bike, a VTX1300, hooked up to the honda audio system I had on it. I would really like to be able to use my radio on this bike.

·
Super Moderator
5,676 Posts
welcome to the forum!
And it sounds like you do have a CTX1300 so congrats on the new ride!
The bike's audio system tries to see music files/folders on any player. Don't know that a Sirius device will do that. Check this thread for an article on the BT feature. It's also in the Electronics forum here so you may have already read it.
If the Sirius device will BT to your helmet speakers I would go that route if possible.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input Bob. I do have a CTX1300, the ninth off the line in Canada. Love the bike, handles beautifully. I think I may have to go with the bluetooth, Sirius does make a radio with bluetooth, I will have to look into it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
any chance that you could bluettoth the garmin 665 to the ctx1300 system for XM radio...

I have a sena 10 unit that i have synced to the my garmin for the music/ phone/and gps directions

I have the sena 20s on preorder to upgrade because it has two channel Bluetooth and built in FM radio receiver

·
Super Moderator
5,676 Posts
Unlikely the CTX1300 BT system will recognize any input from that. I believe the audio system only looks for music files/folders and if it cannot find any ignores other inputs. You will likely be best to just BT your 665 directly to your helmet. I might be wrong but that is what I've gathered from the information provided in anything I've read on the system.
That would be a very nice aftermarket item for someone to provide... a device that will allow XM or Sirius or even simply FM radio input from a player that will go to the CTX system.

·
Registered
446 Posts
The CTX1300 will accept A2DP streaming IN from any device that advertises that capacity. Transport control (STOP/PLAY/PAUSE/NEXT/PREVIOUS etc.) is dependent on AVRCP support on that device -- but not mandatory.

So, bottom line, if your "music producing thing" supports being paired with STEREO bluetooth headphones or speakers, chances are very big it does that via A2DP which means it will work as an input for the CTX1300.

Reactions: Laurie and bob

·
Registered
53 Posts
I use Sena BT speakers within my helmet, connected to my iPhone. I have both the Pandora and SiriusXM apps on my phone (which is mounted on the handlebars). Works great!

·
Super Moderator
5,676 Posts
I'll have to try my mp3 player again this week. Only I cannot BT to my headset... old Q2 on the helmet so have to go through speakers. I know my mp3 player will work but didn't think the radio in it would work due to other things I was reading.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The radio on my mp3 player won't work with the system. It only reads the music files, which isn't so bad. I have only music I like on it, though I am probably just going to put the songs on a flash drive and plug it in. I can take back my mp3 player for my workouts. HAHA

·
Super Moderator
5,676 Posts
plugged in my mp3 player and realized it is plagued with this "feature" that when the USB is connected the player controls on the unit cannot be operated, but the external system can play the music files on it just like it is a USB stick. That means my radio in the mp3 player cannot be used. I don't have BT on this unit so am OK with that. I still have radio on my Q2 unit if desired. I did listen to music from my SD card almost the whole trip to Wisconsin, maybe 750 out of 811 total miles of the trip. Had plenty so I never even made it half way through it all. :D

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
485 Posts
I know this is an old thread...

I have this add-on sirius radio (about 7 years old). It is not blue tooth but does have a stereo audio jack output. Using a BT transmitter with an audio input makes it playable through the BT on the CTX. Great - 213 channels!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts