CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, felt ambitious today and finally installed security systems on the wife's and my bike today. (Disclaimer: everything said below is assumed to be "in my opinion")
. After reviewing many products I finally landed on this one:

http://www.amazon.com/TabStore-DBPo...040MS2/ref=cm_sw_em_r_awdcod_tv8Cvb0ENFGHN_tt

I figured for $30 it was worth the risk, plus it had good reviews. I didn't use all of it's features, I just wanted the motion sensor alarm. I installed next to battery because there was room and I didn't want to break any "tabs" searching for a better location (see pic) I'm probably the only one that doesn't have a broken tab yet so I was sweating it the whole time!

Installation was easy; black to negative, red to positive. The system comes with two waterproof key fobs that feature a slide cover (they are waterproof, found out later that day). They give you backing adhesive for the sensor and speaker, so far so good.

Under test it works pretty darn good. If you try to stand the bike up straight and get on it, alarm goes off. If you give the bike a little bump, alarm goes off. I think the sensitivity is adjustable, seems fine as is.

So, there are many systems out there but so far this one works well.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Could you two get together and arrange something with a gentlmens agreement,just a thought��

1 - 4 of 4 Posts