CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I wired my fog lights I just tied into the wire coming down from Hi/Lo switch. Since then I ordered the service manual because word on the street is Honda has dedicated wires for the fog lights. I've looked all over the manual and haven't seen any reference to fog light wiring. If anyone knows what page on the manual the fog light wiring is on, let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
The only place I found any reference to the fog light harness is the kit instruction sheet. You can download it by going to this link and choosing the CTX1300 from the list of bikes.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Look for the Front Option plug in the electrical diagram and the plug location pages of the SM. That's where there are dedicated signal pins for the Fog Light module from Honda, as well as ground and AUX. This plug does not provide the power for the OEM fog light kit. Adding your own lights, you may have used the ground and AUX. I used those for my GPS and Gerbing controller power taps since those 2 items are very low amps and the capacity on those is plenty for them. You can look at some of my threads in the Electrical forum for photos of the location of this plug and how I used it... or click on my flickr link in the sig line for those photos. In my profile visitor messages there are links for a few sources of the factory pins to fit those plugs.
(can't get to my SM at the moment... Holiday supplies boxes and stuff blocking the path to that bookshelf).

·
Registered
446 Posts
(...)This plug does not provide the power for the OEM fog light kit.(...)
Actually, it does, which is why it's a problem to install anything else but LED-based foglights of a similar rating to the OEM ones, otherwise you'll blow the ACC fuse (if you use this connector).

The OEM foglight harness has 7 connectors on it:
- left fog light (2 pin)
- right fog light (2 pin)
- fog light button (4 pin: 2 for the switch, 2 for illumination)
- front option (4 pin: 2 for ACC power, 1 for high-beam input, 1 for fog lamp on dashboard output)
- two going to the OEM foglight driver box (one 2 pin, the other 3 pin)
- one going to the OEM foglight relay (4 pin: 2 coil, 2 contacts)

The only place where power goes in is at the front option connector. The relay is there to switch the lights on an off both when you want to turn them on AND when you switch the beam (Hi->Lo or Lo->Hi) because different countries have different laws about when and if the foglights should come on/off depending on the current beam in use.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
@csdexter, as you have noted before there is power at the AUX pin of the front option connector but the other pins provide information to/from the bike. As I did say, and I mis-wrote and muddled this detail, the AUX pair (ground and AUX pins) are where I get power for my devices. I was thinking more in pointing out that there is no fog light plug that can be connected directly to the fog lights that is already on the bike from the factory without buying the fog light kit from Honda.

Is the fog light relay already on the bike or is that also part of the "kit" for the OEM foglight option?

·
Registered
446 Posts
This time your post is 100% accurate :)

The relay is part of the kit: one P/N is the lights themselves (the actual "bulbs", if you wish) and the driver box; the other P/N is everything else including the harness, the relay, the button cover and the light mounts and cases.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts