CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I joined some neighbors for a 200 mile ride along the backroads and highways of eastern North Carolina. One fellow was on a BMW RT and the other rode a Ducati (919 or something like that). I had to laugh several times as I watched them frequently stretch their legs and arms due to cramps. Been there and done that with other bikes. Not necessary with the CTX.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can attest to the GL1800 and FJR to boot. Wait till this bike catches on. People just don't know or understand what they're missing out on with this bike. I think if more dealers were open to allowing test rides on this model, they'd probably sell boat loads.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I still stretch my legs every hundred miles or so with the CTX. On the longer days, that moves closer to 50 miles.

The one thing I really miss is that it's not easy to stand up on the CTX. With the Trophy, the ST1100s, and the Wee Strom I could easily stand up for a bit to get the blood flowing in my legs.

My previous 2012 Gold Wing and current CTX1300s are not set up for standing. I have to pull on the bars to stand up. It's not a neutral position unless I lean way forward over the windshield.

My early Gold Wings were great for standing up. In fact, all of my early Hondas were great for standing up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts