CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all from the far East Coast of Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador.
I'm the proud owner of a new red CTX 1300 deluxe with centre stand, reverse and adds tall screen and pilion backrest and enjoying her immensely:)
I have followed this site since Aug 2014 and learned as much as I could from all you early test pilots which helped to settle my choice. I posted an intro at the time but in the wrong box. I'm in my mid 60's and came back to riding 5 years ago on a 2009 Silverwing after a long hiatus. I really, really am enjoying the CTX 1300. She tracks well, enough power for me, feels lighter than her weight, now siting in rather than on, nice to be able to squeeze a tank again (although fake) love the look and sound, comfort and reliability........don't like the bags but knew that going in .....been a Honda guy since the sixties .....past rides include 50 sport :) Hodaka 90. Honda 175, Triumph Bonny, rode lots of borrowed bikes including a 450 Hawk and a memorable 45 Harley suicide clutch .......raced my 72 Triumph TR6 on an old airport circuit for a few years. CTX 1300 needS a good clean up now. So far I only managed the screen and mirrors and away. Just kidding about reverse.
Silverwinger .............may keep the handle but not the bars

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Reverse? You been harassing some GW riders?
Scooters are FUN. Had a Forza, Burgman 650 EX, and Silverwing. 24 other bikes of various brands/styles. Each was fun in its own way.
The CTX has been a blast. I've ridden forest roads and only regret it when I hit large gravel on a down hill.
She cruises so great on the slab also. If Honda made a 800+cc scooter with shaft drive, I'd probably go out and buy it.
Getting old sux, but getting old on the CTX makes it tolerable hahahahahaha

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
You had me going there for just a short moment with that reverse thing. I knew the non-USA bikes had more from the factory than the USA models but that would be something really new. Only had reverse in my GL1500 and felt it was needed for that bike, didn't need it for the ST1100 nor for my CTX1300. Yep, scooters are fun. Had my Burgman 650 and sometimes my wife has me go get gas in her Metropolitan. Don't like riding that scooter on the main road to get to the gas station. Traffic is significantly faster than 49cc will push it, and I can get it up to about 38 mph. I wish she would upgrade to a Forza or PCX150 just to keep up with traffic. But that's getting off the subject. Congrats on the purchase. I know you will continue to enjoy the new bike... even without reverse! :D

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks gtmn,
I enjoyed my Swing but wanted more size and more motorcycle.
I will always hold the Silverwing in high regard...........those that haven't ridden one would be surprised how
capable they are.
Silverwing

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm with you on the shaft drive...............these days the less maintenance I have to do the better.....didn't want to break a belt at speed.....
Actually the Swing and 1300 have the low cog and easy handling in common........as well as proven relibility looking forward to larger wheels and tires.....around here
we have lots of rutted roads even the highways and the CTX 1300 takes the stress out of these encounters.........this might surprise some but I have gotten bigger all over since my teens.....and not in a good way........so I'll admit I'm bias towards more
Silverwing

· Registered
15 Posts
silverwing takes the plunge

Reverse? You been harassing some GW riders?
Scooters are FUN. Had a Forza, Burgman 650 EX, and Silverwing. 24 other bikes of various brands/styles. Each was fun in its own way.
The CTX has been a blast. I've ridden forest roads and only regret it when I hit large gravel on a down hill.
She cruises so great on the slab also. If Honda made a 800+cc scooter with shaft drive, I'd probably go out and buy it.
Getting old sux, but getting old on the CTX makes it tolerable hahahahahaha
[sorry my rely re the shaft drive was intended for you willajabir]

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
Bob is the expert on straps.
What? Expert? not likely. But I am learning. Used to use only bungee cords. Then bought some friction buckle web straps. These came loose on a VERY washboard type almost paved road (pre-paved prep). Then I figured out to hook the bungee cord hooks into the web strap hooks to keep them in place and all was good for that trip. Next up are ROX straps. I will have a pair of these before my June trip. I am betting others here will agree about the ROX straps being the best. Get the 1" wide, not the narrower ones. Will post photo of my pack when I leave for the June trip (see Events forum)

· Registered
79 Posts
Congrats on the CTX! I myself had a 2007 Silverwing for 8 years, put about 36k miles on it before passing it on to my cousin out in Ohio after picking up my own CTX1300. Hope to get at least that many years and miles on her! :D

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Reidion
I will think of my Silverwing fondly and reading your time on one I know you must too.
A great touring scooter.........Honda should have designed a new version with + ccs and shaft .........I never took to the Integra and the new Tron entry just doesn't do it for me either.....maybe if I was an acrobat with washboard abs (mine kind of disappeared some time back)
CTX 13OO has more of everything I wanted..............but I just can't believe the design team thought those bags were the solution....but that's fixable down the road....the important parts are all great:)
Hi Ho Silverwing ..........away

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.